WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i recently received the Frogman ICERC 206K-7R watch and was wondering about the EL light brightness intensity compared to my normal DW-6900.

Look at the pics.. seems like the DW6900 is much brighter .. is this normal??

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm only guessing but I would guess that solar power models have weaker backlights, it seems to be the case with mine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I noticed that as well.

I tested the brightness of my DW5600E with my TC Frogman, and the Frogman lost hands down.

I'm only guessing but I would guess that solar power models have weaker backlights, it seems to be the case with mine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interesting thought, has anyone ever compared a DW5600 to a GW5600's brightness? Anyone got pics of that, would love to see a side by side comparison.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
this is correct. It has been the case with every solar vs. normal battery watch I've owned. I challenge anyone to find a solar model that is brighter than a "normally bright" traditional battery model.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think it probably has to do with the batteries used in the respective watches - the rechargeable ones are only quoted as lasting about 8-10 months if you leave them in the dark, whereas the 'normal' ones should last at least 2 years (or 10). I'm willing to bet the voltages are different, too.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I challenge anyone to find a solar model that is brighter than a "normally bright" traditional battery model.

It's tough to beat the light output on these three Tough Solar Gs that is certainly much brighter than most if not all of my non-tough solar models.

GW-1700

GW-1500A

MR-G 7100

And to Alexludes original question, yes I believe the DW-6900 to be brighter than a Frogman, at least with my models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts