WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I have recently become obsessed (can you believe it) with the DW5600E. I was looking at the manual for the 1545 module that this G-Shock has. It says: "The watch will emit an audible sound whenever the display is illuminated. This is caused by a transistor that vibrates whenever the EL panel lights up. It does not indicate malfunction of the watch." My question is, do all G's EL's do this? Maybe my hearing isn't the best, but my GW5600J makes no sound when EL is lit. And I held it right up to me ear and hit the light several times! If not all G's make the noise, why only this model? And how loud is it? I can't help but be curious about this> :-s:think:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes, they're insanely loud! If you can't hear it then you need to get to the doctor and have your hearing checked ASAP! You might be going deaf!
(just kidding)
Seriously, I've never noticed my EL's making a noise but I have heard noise from modules when the battery is dying. Kind of a light buzzing.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes, all ELs do this. The sound is quite low, but it's definitely audible when you are in a silent environment. I personally disable the feature when sleeping because it does get to the point where it bothers me.

Greetings all,
I have recently become obsessed (can you believe it) with the DW5600E. I was looking at the manual for the 1545 module that this G-Shock has. It says: "The watch will emit an audible sound whenever the display is illuminated. This is caused by a transistor that vibrates whenever the EL panel lights up. It does not indicate malfunction of the watch." My question is, do all G's EL's do this? Maybe my hearing isn't the best, but my GW5600J makes no sound when EL is lit. And I held it right up to me ear and hit the light several times! If not all G's make the noise, why only this model? And how loud is it? I can't help but be curious about this> :-s:think:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
They probably all make some noise. Depending on construction some may be louder than others.

I have never heard a battery die.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts