WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the watch arrived in the mail, it was dead and needed a battery. So, I popped in a new one, reset the module, and then she fired right up. I did notice some discoloration on the caseback when I went to put the watch back together. Could that be cause of the problem?

I mean, everything else works perfectly. Even the "Surf Timer" that is activated when you push the EL [Blue G] button works. :-s Can anyone tell me why the EL doesn't work, when everything else does?

Help! :thanks

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sorry, I wish I knew the answer to that one.......:think::think::think: Maybe a reset inside the case????

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I wish I knew the answer to that one.......:think::think::think: Maybe a reset inside the case????
I've looked inside the case, and I don't see anything to reset, other than the "AC" contact... :-s

I think that I'll just try and remove whatevever is on the inside of the caseback and see if that helps things out. Other than that, I don't know what to do....

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That which is inside the caseback is what makes the beep, don't touch that! Firstly try a reset shorting the battery and the AC contact point with a pair of tweezers for about five seconds and see if that does it.

If not , try another battery, there's a chance that it was a duff battery that you put in :think:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know about the piezo speaker on the back. I was thinking about the discoloraton around it. I thought that might be the problem, but it wasn't. I swapped casebacks with a new DW-8800 (which has an identical caseback), and it still won't light up. I did as you said, and reset the battery for five seconds, and that didn't do anything either. So then I swapped out the battery to see if that was the problem. New battery is now in (and has been reset), and it still won't light up the EL. :-(

Maybe I will stumble upon a beat-up G-Lide one these days, and then swap the 1627 module from it into this one here. Other than that, I do not know what else to do...

Thanks for the help, Mike! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts