WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500km from home this morning, when a mob of kangaroos decided to play chicken with me, ended up in a tree, writing my car off.

This left me stranded in a small town for most of the day. I came across a pawn shop and noticed this pocket watch.

1918 Elgin. Not much going for it apart from a decent dial, and a clean but shot movement. Cost me $20.00

The dial has (hard to see) "24191F" under the 12o'clock. Does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a military-ish sort of look. Is there anything on the case-back? In any case, it will make for a great story if you can get it running some day.
Thats a great idea, was going to stick it on ebay, but was a day i will never forget.

The watch still has glue from the price sticker on the back, but does not look like there is anything behind it.

I have another very similar Elgin pw with the broad arrow mark on the rear case, i will upload a photo shortly

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we need more about the kangaroo, the tree and the car :D
I was on the way to the big smoke, for a court hearing against the wicked witch, it was about 4am, roo's everywhere.

I rounded a corner to confront a group of 5 or 6 roo's, tried to avoid but cliped one, lost control, and took out a tree.

A part of a branch smashed my windscreen and scared the crappers out of me.

Lucky the part of the tree i collected gave way, another foot to the left and it would have been the main trunk, and a sudden stop. Could have been goodnight.

Smashed the front, and the entire left hand side of the car.

I was not injured, but am now starting to feel aches and pains, and some stiffness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts