WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have three Elektonika B6-02s after the latest arrival (on the left in the photo). As you can see, I have two Sekonda branded examples and one Elektronika. The Sekonda on the left was sold as dead but after receiving it and taking a look, cleaning contacts and debris including a congealed and hardened watch case gasket, it sprung into life and set with no problems although the LCD crystal has bled with age.

The problem now is regulating. The Elektronika and the Sekonda in the middle of the photo more or less keep together but both tend to gain 10 minutes over the course of several weeks. The latest Sekonda on the left has lost 13 minutes in 24 hours. So, my question is; does anyone know how to regulate an Elektronika? I have included a photo of the movement for information.

Watch Technology Dive computer Electronic device Digital clock

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Material property Electronics Technology Circuit component Metal Electronic component

Sekondtime

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the small circle at about 2 o'clock relative to the left hand battery in the right hand photo, above, is a trimmer capacitor. Turning it will adjust the frequency of the quartz crystal oscillator, and hence the watch's rate.

But before doing that, it's worth making sure that the circuit board is clean. Any moisture or gunk in the wrong place will mess with the resistance or capacitance of key components, and alter the watch's rate. I'd be tempted to use a water-dampened cotton bud to clean the board (with the batteries out). This won't remove greasy dirt, but such dirt is unlikely to matter.

Then try turning the trimmer cap one way or another, and see what it does to the rate.

Paul

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Just realized - I mean "at about 10 o'clock" not "2 o'clock", but I'm sure you figured that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts