WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1462 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I like everything I see on the front, but I think the case-back needs to be nutted out.

I would love to see some sort of acknowledgement of this being the first Stainless Steel cased model 55, but then again I don't want to fill the case-back up with unnecessary rubbish, so it would have to be done tastefully

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like everything I see on the front, but I think the case-back needs to be nutted out.

I would love to see some sort of acknowledgement of this being the first Stainless Steel cased model 55, but then again I don't want to fill the case-back up with unnecessary rubbish, so it would have to be done tastefully
That's the dilemma isn't it? How to keep it simple... :think: What if we just added the word "all" to "stainless steel"?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like the front design, but I'm not so sure about the colours used.
Are they like that for a reason (like being the original colours of the elektronika)?
Could we entertain other options without deviating much from the original?

Agree with mariomart about the back...
Something like "first stainless steel" maybe...

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I like the front design, but I'm not so sure about the colours used.
Are they like that for a reason (like being the original colours of the elektronika)?
Could we entertain other options without deviating much from the original?

Agree with mariomart about the back...
Something like "first stainless steel" maybe...

The colors are selected from the WatchUSeek color palette. :)
I also agree with mariomart's comments about the back.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Please keep the colors. I like this initial proposal so mich, that I would not change anything. Except caseback - we should implement mariomart's idea.

Послато са SM-N950F уз помоћ Тапатока
That's the dilemma isn't it? How to keep it simple... :think: What if we just added the word "all" to "stainless steel"?
+1 to both of these. I like the colors as-is, and the simple tweak of "All Stainless Steel" will get the point across. I like that it's a sleeper.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The story with the colours, for those who missed the earlier discussion, is something like this:

There are a couple of fundamental approaches that one can take in the design of this sort of dress digital watch; Thematic, where the entire dial is given over to a single graphic design (e.g. commemorative, advertising, souvenir), and Technical, which focusses on the functions of the display and pushers. The problem with the Thematic approach is getting everybody to agree on the same theme. However the Technical approach risks delivering a watch no different to a stock Technochas Elektronika. Opinions were split over the use of a special logo, so the natural alternative is to express the forum identity through colour.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What type of bracelet/strap are we thinking?

I am happy with what ever is decided but may I suggest a metal bracelet alla Casio?

Nice vintage vibe I think.

Maybe this would be cost prohibitive though? A straight nato would be cool too!

·
Registered
239 Posts
What type of bracelet/strap are we thinking?

I am happy with what ever is decided but may I suggest a metal bracelet alla Casio?

Nice vintage vibe I think.

Maybe this would be cost prohibitive though? A straight nato would be cool too!
There're various bracelet styles that would fit nicely, but I suppose the given price doesn't include a bracelet (??)
Rubber could work too...

1 - 20 of 1462 Posts