WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1462 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Elektronika only recently entered my periphery, and so I was grateful to be able to source a new one of these awesome forum LE 55s from the bay!

The SS case feels notably more substantial (a positive) relative to my older Soviet era, chintzy feeling Elektronika 5 (which I still adore—it has exclusively Russian melodies ).

The super affordable bracelet looks and feels pretty good (I like the looks on offer, feels weighty, and isn’t too bad of a hair puller if sized a little large). FWIW, the inside of the links were quite dirty, as observed upon resizing. In any event, the overall impressive quality for price of the bracelet I received promoted me to grab most of the other offerings from Technochras

Overall, I’m very happy with this release Thanks to those who put this together for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,425 ·
Elektronika only recently entered my periphery, and so I was grateful to be able to source a new one of these awesome forum LE 55s from the bay!

The SS case feels notably more substantial (a positive) relative to my older Soviet era, chintzy feeling Elektronika 5 (which I still adore—it has exclusively Russian melodies ).

The super affordable bracelet looks and feels pretty good (I like the looks on offer, feels weighty, and isn’t too bad of a hair puller if sized a little large). FWIW, the inside of the links were quite dirty, as observed upon resizing. In any event, the overall impressive quality for price of the bracelet I received promoted me to grab most of the other offerings from Technochras

Overall, I’m very happy with this release Thanks to those who put this together for us

I am a bit disheartened that these are already appearing on eBay before my order has arrived

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I am a bit disheartened that these are already appearing on eBay before my order has arrived
Regrets, certainly didn’t intend to prompt any disappointment or frustration.

FWIW as a point of solidarity, I think I’ve been waiting something like 6 months for a signed Vostok crown for a mod—and it still hasn’t arrived

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
UPDATE:
At the end of June, Surok informed me that nobody in the main registration list has rejected the watch yet (apart from a few people who cancelled before initial payments were requested).

As a result, there are now 105 people on the wait list who might not have a good chance of receiving a watch. :( Anyone who still has not been requested payment can either email Technochas, PM Surok55 here on the forum, or wait; you are still NOT at risk of being removed from the project so don't worry!

Assembly seems to be moving a little slow because the factory has some time constraints, but everyone will get their watch.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,434 ·
A package arrived today!

Unfortunately one of the watches has dead segments in the LCD. Apart from that the watches and bracelets look good. I will post up some more detailed impressions and lots of photos on the weekend.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
A package arrived today!

Unfortunately one of the watches has dead segments in the LCD. Apart from that the watches and bracelets look good. I will post up some more detailed impressions and lots of photos on the weekend.
Bugger!!!

I'm sure @Surok55 will come good with a replacement module (y)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine too has dead segment on the lower side of the date number. When date is a single digit. For instance, day 8, is looking like letter A.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
This Electronika-5 has very light aluminium case. Really stainless steel version weights approx. the same as classic chromed bronze one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
UPDATE:
At the end of June, Surok informed me that nobody in the main registration list has rejected the watch yet (apart from a few people who cancelled before initial payments were requested).
No wonder, it's a good affordable watch so not many reasons for someone to reject it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Holy smoke. You couldn't make it up. Misses phoned pacage from Russian Mail arrived so Elektronicas turned up earlier today. Wowzers just can't wait to open the package but still at work. Ring the misses later on, she wants to know what on Earth is going on, another package has turned up with the name Nikolai on it from Christopol, oh no the Reef looks like it's turned up on the same day! I have no idea how this is going to go down but it's going to take some explaining

1421 - 1440 of 1462 Posts