WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear F11,

It's been a while since I was here for the last time - I am back with some question about help in collecting info on EMCO - Model I a.
I know from the past that EMCO was one of the providers of service watches for WW2 German army personel. Case back is signed by legendar Krupp Steel maker. Inside there is an AS caliber - 984 - 15 jewels in fully working order. Base on the evidence I predict that watch is coming from the 1930-40's Era.

I will be more than thankful for any kind of info or suggestion about the watch.

Regards,
aRmian

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,415 Posts
Mikrolisk lists three Swiss Emcos: one registered to Schlup & Co. (Rado) in 1947, the other two to S.A.D.A. in 1920 and to Mercier & Co. in 1916. It depends on how old you estimate this to be - if pre-1947, the first option is no longer available. To me, late 1940s would seem plausible, though.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
True, there was an Emco DH (and that would rule out Rado as the company behind this particular Emco trademark), but this one is definitely not a military issued watch- lacks proper markings, and the German military watch specification required a screw-in case back, which this one obviously doesn't have.

Judging by the open-ended strap, it looks like the swing lugs have fixed bars, which is pretty typical for a 1930s watch. Nevertheless, even brands like Zenith had some models with fixed lugs in the mid to late 1940s, so it could be a 1930s watch just as it could have been made after the war- "military style" watches were popular even in the 1950s.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Fr11ends,
Thank You very much.
I agree it is not an "military" watch - I only mentioned that I found such an info before and it was related to one of the EMCO's in general.
Caliber is also strong 40' early 50's choice - the mid size also suggest the earlier period.

Cheers,
aRm
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts