WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres a reply to an email sent to my contact at BUK...

"
Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your Breitling Emergency. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been waiting for a response from Breitling Switzerland.

Breitling Switzerland have confirmed that the Emergency model will no longer be available with effect from 15th August 2010, unfortunately the production of the integrated circuits for the transmitters is no longer feasible with the technology conceived in 1995.

They have however confirmed that the after-sales service of this Emergency model will be maintained for many years as it is for all other discontinued models.

With regards to the future, a new product is now under development, but since very innovative technologies are required, no reliable schedule for the new launch is possible at the moment"

I hope this sheds some light on previous debates whether the Emergency will be catered for.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks for that Lou.
I guess this issue has just accelerated Breitling's program (which they must have already had in place) to replace the current Emergency model. IMO, it was looking a little tired anyway.
I wonder what the new model will look like? Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.
Brgds,
Capt

·
Registered
45 Posts
They have however confirmed that the after-sales service of this Emergency model will be maintained for many years as it is for all other discontinued models.
So I wonder if that will be in line with the typical quartz service support period, ~20 years after production has ended?

I guess many will never really know for the transmitter, its not exactly obvious if it doesn't transmit at full strength, only that it works on the tester. The watch movement should be good for years to come though

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
It would be great if Breitliing made replacement modules for the current E with the new technology.
That would be a pretty streamlined approach. Probably the best idea, but I wonder if the new tech will fit into the old case.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've been widow shopping here in Southampton and saw 3 emergencies in shop windows.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
This is great news. And I can say with 100% certainty (assumed) that Breitling will NOT retrofit any older Emergency with new technology. There isn't any money in it for them. Selling new watches is where the money is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts