WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm contemplating buying a new Ball watch.

Anyone own the EMII GMT II? This watch is on my short list along with the Night Train and Hyrdocarbon Classic II. The EMII GMT II seems to be very versatile. It's got the shock resitance, 100m H2O, anti-mag, can dress up/dress down, and it has the GMT function. Are there any owners of the EMII GMT II that could provide some feedback on these points as well as their general take on this watch?

Also any feedback on the Hyrdo Classic II? I like the looks of this thing but worry about how practical it would be every day as well as how it would look on my 6.5 inch wrist.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The best way to quickly get some info is to use the "search" function. There is a lot of info to be found in previous threads.
The GMT II might look a little large on a 6.5" wrist, but that is a personal decision.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Also any feedback on the Hyrdo Classic II? I like the looks of this thing but worry about how practical it would be every day as well as how it would look on my 6.5 inch wrist.

Thanks
Hi pmcdonal,

Welcome to the Official Ball Watch Forum! :-!

There are at least a few members who own the Hydrocarbon Classic II and can offer some feedback for you. I tried the white dialed version on, and really liked it a lot.

You were referring to the Engineer Master II GMT II, not the Hydrocarbon GMT II, right? I don't know if anyone's posted about the EMII GMT I or II, yet. Hopefully, someone here either owns one or has tried one on, and can comment on it.

Size-wise, both the Hydrocarbon Classic(I or II) and the EMII GMT II have 40mm diameter cases, not including their respective crowns. Imho, either should look just fine on your 6.5" wrist...as long as you don't mind the look of somewhat bigger watches(relative to your wrist size, that is). I have a 7.125" wrist and I like the looks of bigger(but not huge) watches, ranging from 40mm-44mm...with 42mm probably being optimal for me. I also own a 20 yr old Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust(wedding gift from my wife), which is 37mm(or is it 36? :think:). When I first got it, I thought it looked plenty big on. Now, it really looks kinda silly-small on.... :oops:

;-)

·
Registered
440 Posts
(Roughly) Same size as the Moon Glow

Hi pmcdonal,

The Engineer Master II GMT II is a great watch, definitely a versatile piece.

For reference, it is virtually the same size as the Moon Glow, just slightly thinner (12.5mm vs. 13mm for the Moon Glow). It shares the same bracelet construction as well. I say this because many forum members own or have tried out the Moon Glow and you are likely to get more feedback about the case fit from them.

I prefer the black bezel GMT II because I like the way that the GMT window hides itself in plain sight. The half-red bezel feels a bit more sporty, and I tend to choose somewhat dressier watches.

Hope you will find more answers here!

Regards,
Jeremy Hogan
Ball Watch Company

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (Roughly) Same size as the Moon Glow

Thanks, that helps. I like the 40mm size on me and yes, Jeremy, I also prefer the all black bezel to the half red. Another question: If I were to get the EMII GMT II, I would get it with a leather strap (I rarely wear steel) but was also wondering if it could be outfitted with a rubber one. I see that Ball does not offer a rubber strap that comes with the model, but would a ball rubber strap (if ordered separately) fit on the EMII GMTII?

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts