WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, finally, finally, I got my hands on the G-shock and Eminem collaboration piece. The watch and packaging it comes in is just stunning. I now understand why it was so hard for me to obtain this piece. I know many of us have seen videos and photos of this piece, but I am here to do something a little different, and that is a comparison of the GDX6900 to the DW6900. For the record, this is my first GDX6900, so hopefully this comparison will give individuals the idea of the size differences and help them find what they like or dislike from both models.

Most of the pictures are pretty self explanatory, but you will start to notice how much larger the GDX6900 really is as you dig deeper into the fine details, especially the buttons, the spacing on the band, the four lines on the band (extra support for spring loaded brackets?) and the sizing of the three circles that count down the seconds. Truly I didn’t see too much of a difference at first when I saw the GDX6900, but that all changed as I put them on individually or placed them side-by-side.

Let me know what you guys think.

Sincerely,

DW

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Well described and photographed. I have the Eminem but the comparison I see best isbetween the DW6900NB-7 and the GD-X6900FB-7 which are really big brother and little brother, at least superficially.

Some of the things I don't like on the GD-X (in a perfect world)
- the lack of symmetry in the positioning of the words "shock resist" in relation to Casio above it.
- the two smaller eyes have joining lines which reminds me of an old cassette tape - and these lines are raised above the surface compared to the DW eyes which have a nice inward bevel.

Very minor points, both, and I love the GD-X.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts