WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a thread to share your pics, thoughts, questions, wisdom and enthusiasm when it comes to the Seamaster “Swords Hands” models. Though never officially by Omega sometimes this family of models has been dubbed the “Peter Blake” by collectors.

There are many variations of size, movement, dial colour and case material.

Enjoy!

I’ll start with my 2264

I love this model for the sleek case, wave dial, great lume, classic dimensions, beautiful lyre lugs, balanced layout and incredible versatility.

The sword hands family of models seems to be holding up very well in today’s aesthetic and becoming more popular as a second hand pickup.

En Garde!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I’ll join in. Mine is a 2254.50 circa 2006 I believe. It was my first “high end” watch and I don’t think I will ever sell it. Mine has the anti-counterfeit hologram on the case back, which I believe was added somewhere in the middle of their run.

IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome

The 2254 is classic. keep that one forever.

I struggled deciding between the ‘54 and ‘64 (quartz).

Ultimately I am happy with the 64 and how it’s a no nonsense watch that I can wear through anything without worry.

I could see adding a 54 though down the road

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checking in with my 2254. Bought it used from Japan for one hell of a good price. I wear it as my almost everyday watch.

Wow
Great pics

I have for the most part coddled my SMP but I am really thinking about turning it into my daily wear piece. I have been wearing it a lot lately and it feels just so darn “right” on the wrist. It’s darn close to perfect for that, the exception being the scratchy aluminum insert. I do love that if desired a service can bring it back to glory, if the well loved Patina isn’t my thing. It’s a big appeal that it can be an heirloom watch that I hope I can pass down. I would rather there are memories of it being worn by me than passing on something that sat in a watch box.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I’ll play; my 2231.50

Love how utilitarian it is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ll throw mine into the mix. My 2264 quartz “do everything” watch. You can paint the house, swim in the ocean, play catch with the kiddos. I’ve learned nothing stops this watch and it’s my immediate go-to. It looks amazing on a bond nato or rubber strap.

I also have a Heuer Monaco with the acrylic crystal. So whenever I wear the Monaco, I find myself second-guessing myself before doing an activity, and taking it off the wrist so it doesn’t get damaged or banged around.

I say all this because I’m in the process of saving for a Speedy moonwatch now. I have often wondered if it too has as much workhorse in it as my trusty 2264, or will it fall into my Monaco “careful” category. Especially since the Monaco and the Speedy both have acrylic. Time will tell! (punny)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I’ll throw mine into the mix. My 2264 quartz “do everything” watch. You can paint the house, swim in the ocean, play catch with the kiddos. I’ve learned nothing stops this watch and it’s my immediate go-to. It looks amazing on a bond nato or rubber strap.

I also have a Heuer Monaco with the acrylic crystal. So whenever I wear the Monaco, I find myself second-guessing myself before doing an activity, and taking it off the wrist so it doesn’t get damaged or banged around.

I say all this because I’m in the process of saving for a Speedy moonwatch now. I have often wondered if it too has as much workhorse in it as my trusty 2264, or will it fall into my Monaco “careful” category. Especially since the Monaco and the Speedy both have acrylic. Time will tell! (punny)

My speedy pro was the first expensive (>$700) watch that I got. It was meant to go to the moon, so I think it’s safe to say that it’s a workhorse.

I find myself being a little careful with it, but not overly. The best part about the acrylic is that you can buff out scratches. I remember how upset I was when I hit my first door handle. After a few more months and several more door handles, I got out the polywatch and the crystal looked brand new.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome pics everyone!

So great to see so many variants beyond the classic ‘54

!

Love the GMTs, Ti and electric blues!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I always loved the blue dial variant and may try to get one one day.

Does there exist a blue dial / blue bezel variant?

Not from factory, but since the bezels inserts of the SMP’s are interchangeable you can achieve that look easily.

From the web:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Not from factory, but as all the bezels inserts of the SMP’s are interchangeable you can achieve that look easily.

From the web:

Wow, that is very nice, but is it blasphemy to mod an SMP like that? I sure hope not because I want it!

Speaking of blasphemy, but since we all love photos and as much as I love my 2254, it was time to rotate!

IMG_0734.jpg

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Wow, that is very nice, but is it blasphemy to mod an SMP like that? I sure hope not because I want it!

Speaking of blasphemy, but since we all love photos and as much as I love my 2254, it was time to rotate!

View attachment 14361337

Am mod friendly, so no blasphemy at all in my mind!

Nice speedmaster!

1 - 20 of 295 Posts