WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
27 pages and here's the first mid-size! It's a good size for my modest wrist, and I love the watch (though a bit of micro-adjustment would be a godsend) but if you'll allow a question, why am I getting a creamy colour to the lume on the hands? It's quite distinct from the greenish-white of the indices, and I don't notice it on any of your full-size shots.

20200505_200116_1588675182715.jpg

·
Registered
835 Posts
27 pages and here's the first mid-size! It's a good size for my modest wrist, and I love the watch (though a bit of micro-adjustment would be a godsend) but if you'll allow a question, why am I getting a creamy colour to the lume on the hands? It's quite distinct from the greenish-white of the indices, and I don't notice it on any of your full-size shots.

View attachment 15092767
Watch looks perfectly proportioned to your wrist, I think.

As to the why I am not sure but I just sold a 2231.50 on which the hands aged slightly more yellow than the indices. My thoughts are the lume is much thicker on the indices and applied over black instead of white or stainless. Don't know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,335 Posts

View attachment 15092767
Nice! You can add any of the micro adjustment clasps (would suggest the 4666, smaller size micro adjustment clasp with 3 clicks) to the bracelet (did it on my sold medium size SMPc with the speedy style band you have); just need the 1589 ends (2) and the clasp. Below how the 4666 clasp looked on my medium black dialed SMPc:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts

View attachment 15092767
The hands on my 2254 are a slightly more creamy color as well. Mine are replacement hands from an Omega service in December 2018. I’m assuming they are NOS. I moved pretty much right after I picked up the watch from the boutique; otherwise, I might have gone back and asked about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the replies gents, I don't mind the 'discoloured' hands, they add a touch of warmth to the dial, but good to know they're likely original.
That's good info fskywalker - it might just be worth the effort to sort that out. I have 2 quartz Grand Seikos that also have nice bracelets but no microadjustment at all, and I struggle for a good fit at times with all three. Frustrating that I've had many cheaper bracelets that are more convenient in that regard.
Looking through the whole thread and then at my own watch, it's striking how subtly different the full and mid sizes look. The mid lacks some of the elegant curvature of the 41mm, and the dial is more crowded, but it's chunky and solid-feeling in a compact way, and of course has the same 300m specs. I'm very fond of it, and much prefer these to the skeleton hands SMs which seem to get gaudier with every new release.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For 20 years, that looks stil pretty awesome.

IG: Duikhorloge
It's been serviced three times. The last one 2 years ago. The rubber strap is holding up very well for its age. I hope it continues that way because replacement is not an option after I saw an ad at WatchBase where they had one on 'Sale' at $995!

261 - 280 of 304 Posts