WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great photos, everyone. I didn’t realize these came in different sizes. I thought they all were 41mm?

So there are 36mm and 41mm versions? Is there a 42mm as well? Does someone have both mid and full size and can show a side by side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great photos, everyone. I didn’t realize these came in different sizes. I thought they all were 41mm?

So there are 36mm and 41mm versions? Is there a 42mm as well? Does someone have both mid and full size and can show a side by side?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts

The Seamaster came in a ladies size (about 28mm), 36 mm (unisex) and 41mm. I had both 36 and 41mm sizes but don’t had with me comparisson pictures; nexr week PM me and can send you a pocture if have not seen one yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I think that’s my favorite version yet. Is the bezel insert brushed? Is it titanium? Thanks!

The rotating bezel on the 2231 is titanium but the bezel insert is steel just like in the other SS SMP’s

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is a Caliber 3303 with a titanium and red (Pre-Sedna) gold case. The watch is not all that commonly encountered. I purchased it about 15 years ago.

The addition of the gold adds a bit of weight to the watch so it doesn't quite feel like a typical titanium Seamaster on the wrist.

I believe the Omega designation is 2294.50.00.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Thanks. It looks less shiny than the steel insert on the electric blue dial one. Is it brushed?

Yes the insert of the 2231 has a brushed finish while the one in the electric blue is polished

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you. I really like the sword hand SMP except for the huge numbers on the shiny bezel. This bezel version really looks much better to me. .

Take the 2254 and add in a ceramic bezel with finer numerals and that may be my perfect SMP

I will keep slogging along with this until Omega gets around to my ideal

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did somebody say "sword hands"? Here's my beloved 50th Anniversary GMT helping me explore a sandbar at low tide in the Bahamas... in its natural element: a timezone or two away from home, salty, and shining in the sun. b-)

It was keeping +11-12 s/d when I bought it second or third hand here on WUS, but fresh back from Omega service I gave up trying to measure its daily deviation. With a little judicious nightstand regulation here and there it's a "one mississippi, two mississippi" kinda operation to get things synced back to NIST whenever I need to stop it to account for 30 day months. Omega really nailed it with this generation of Seamasters, and the "proper" jump hour GMT complication is just the icing on top.

omega-seamaster-gmt - 1.jpg

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Did somebody say "sword hands"? Here's my beloved 50th Anniversary GMT helping me explore a sandbar at low tide in the Bahamas... in its natural element: a timezone or two away from home, salty, and shining in the sun. b-)

It was keeping +11-12 s/d when I bought it second or third hand here on WUS, but fresh back from Omega service I gave up trying to measure its daily deviation. With a little judicious nightstand regulation here and there it's a "one mississippi, two mississippi" kinda operation to get things synced back to NIST whenever I need to stop it to account for 30 day months. Omega really nailed it with this generation of Seamasters, and the "proper" jump hour GMT complication is just the icing on top.

View attachment 14369671
Nice

In its element.

21 - 40 of 304 Posts