WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
🗡 Seamaster Sword Hands Club 🗡

Take the 2254 and add in a ceramic bezel with finer numerals and that may be my perfect SMP
This. Does the bezel insert from the Bond SMPc fit? I have seen the mod with the PO bezel and insert swap, but that seems a bit excessive. I have not seen a sword hand SMP with Bond SMPc insert. Maybe they aren’t the same size? Has no one tried that?

I know some of the bezels from different sword hands SMPs are not interchangeable, but is this true for the inserts as well? Has anyone successfully swapped bezels OR bezel inserts? Please let us know what worked and what didn’t.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Re: 🗡 Seamaster Sword Hands Club 🗡

This. Does the bezel insert from the Bond SMPc fit? I have seen the mod with the PO bezel and insert swap, but that seems a bit excessive. I have not seen a sword hand SMP with Bond SMPc insert. Maybe they aren’t the same size? Has no one tried that?

I know some of the bezels from different sword hands SMPs are not interchangeable, but is this true for the inserts as well? Has anyone successfully swapped bezels OR bezel inserts? Please let us know why worked and what didn’t.

My guess would be that the ceramic inserts wouldn’t fit because they are likely much thicker than the aluminum inserts.

I’m sure someone here can say for certain.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Re: 🗡 Seamaster Sword Hands Club 🗡

My guess would be that the ceramic inserts wouldn’t fit because they are likely much thicker than the aluminum inserts.

I’m sure someone here can say for certain.
Good point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2264.50 quartz incoming. Hoping some other owners on this thread can answer a few questions.....

-Do all the models have the jumping hour hand? Or is it just the GMT....

-Could I put a newer bracelet with the the micro adjust clasp and not try to source all the bits and bobs to make the current bracelet fit?

-Would a 20mm Planet Ocean bracelet work?

Cheers! Can't wait to get my "new" Omega

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2264.50 quartz incoming. Hoping some other owners on this thread can answer a few questions.....

-Could I put a newer bracelet with the the micro adjust clasp and not try to source all the bits and bobs to make the current bracelet fit?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

Congrats on the 64

It will have the jumping hour hand.

There is a way to retrofit the microadjust clasp to the stock bracelet. There are some magic parts that need to be ordered. I think I have seen a thread on it here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190819/78b7b213a97b42b8d1344093f23852e6.jpg[/IMG I had this one and loved it!!! Great watch however I passed it down to my son for his enjoyment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190819/1972fadb5989ae9fa0e11db168718c84.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are a few. I thought Seiko was a bit extensive with their model designators, I can't begin to keep up with Omega:)
I see the planpro mod threads and will probably source the clasp and end links, etc, but I was curious if one could just put a new bracelet with the micro adjust already there? If your bracelet was worn or needed replacing anyways, it might be worth a look.

41 - 60 of 304 Posts