WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do you recall where you sourced your parts from? I agree the bezel, while sharp looking, doesn't lend itself to ease pop use. Does the PO bezel really address that? I thought these were 41mm and the 2500 PO is 42? Are they interchangeable?

Reactions: Buick

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you recall where you sourced your parts from? I agree the bezel, while sharp looking, doesn't lend itself to ease pop use. Does the PO bezel really address that? I thought these were 41mm and the 2500 PO is 42? Are they interchangeable?
I assume that this question was for me and my PlanPro?

Without question (and I use my watch professionally), yes it is a 100% increase in my ability to use the watch as a timekeeping tool on the surface and below. I can now grip it and not only can I turn it, but I have finer control as well.

Yes, at the time I got them from Otto Frei; I looked through their inventory online just yesterday and couldn't find any. My understanding is that Omega has since locked down on parts sourcing, which is really unfortunate.

Yes, the 2500-cal POs were 42mm, and technically I think the SMP is 41.5mm? Either way, it did just pop right on without any sort of modification. I got the PO crystal as well, and my watchmaker swapped that as well. That being said, crystal part of it was nice but not necessary.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice! I will keep a look out for those parts. I think the bezel mod and micro adjust clasp will make a really nice watch even better.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My old man lent me his tried and true Omega Electric Blue. He bought this watch new almost 20 years ago and wore the heck out of it. I had it serviced for him a few years ago and it still runs great. The love for the Seamaster runs deep around here! Also works great on a grey nato in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
My old man lent me his tried and true Omega Electric Blue. He bought this watch new almost 20 years ago and wore the heck out of it. I had it serviced for him a few years ago and it still runs great. The love for the Seamaster runs deep around here! Also works great on a grey nato in my opinion

Very cool watch and story to go with it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Same model as mine I think, see pics further up, does indeed look good on that strap. In the 17yrs I’ve had mine its never been off the bracelet.
The comfort/flexibilty of the OEM bracelet is a good reason to leave it on. From what I know, this is the second or third time this watch has been off the bracelet since new (that includes the service done in 2014).

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I assume that this question was for me and my PlanPro?

Without question (and I use my watch professionally), yes it is a 100% increase in my ability to use the watch as a timekeeping tool on the surface and below. I can now grip it and not only can I turn it, but I have finer control as well.

Yes, at the time I got them from Otto Frei; I looked through their inventory online just yesterday and couldn't find any. My understanding is that Omega has since locked down on parts sourcing, which is really unfortunate.

Yes, the 2500-cal POs were 42mm, and technically I think the SMP is 41.5mm? Either way, it did just pop right on without any sort of modification. I got the PO crystal as well, and my watchmaker swapped that as well. That being said, crystal part of it was nice but not necessary.

I wonder if that bezel also fits my Seamaster GMT...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've wondered that too. I'd assume so, since I think the SMP GMT uses the same or similar case to a SMP, but I can't say for certain.

I just missed out on a SMP GMT that I'd considered doing this with as well.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've wondered that too. I'd assume so, since I think the SMP GMT uses the same or similar case to a SMP, but I can't say for certain.

I just missed out on a SMP GMT that I'd considered doing this with as well.

I saw an other thread on the GMT where the cheap Parnis ( and possibly SKX ) inserts fit, as they are all 38mm.

The SMP GMT with a PO bezel and a coke insert would be heavenly

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice photo!

I sent mine off for an overhaul and ordered all the parts for the adjustable clasp conversion. Two Omega boutiques in town, one would not even entertain ordering me parts, the second, no problem at all. Can't wait to get it back.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Nice photo!

I sent mine off for an overhaul and ordered all the parts for the adjustable clasp conversion. Two Omega boutiques in town, one would not even entertain ordering me parts, the second, no problem at all. Can't wait to get it back.
It would be handy to post here the clasp conversion parts numbers if you have them for easy reference for folks.

Happy waiting and enjoy that beauty when it gets back!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nice photo!

The adjustable clasp would be great on the 2254/64! When I picked one up for my SMPc, it totally changed the watch in my opinion. Especially during the hot summer months (no more half links!). The boutique near me did it no-questions-asked about 2 years ago. I heard a few months after that Omega cracked down and told the boutiques not to do the swap. Good thing you had a more understandable boutique nearby.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I’m torn on the adjustable clasp swap.

I like the sleek integration of the stock clasp. I love how there are no ridges or edges and it flows smoothly from the bracelet.

But...it sure is a bummer having no micro adjust, either static or on the fly. It does get right on the wrist sometimes.

It might be helpful to see more pics of the new adjustable clasp on the old stock bracelet.

How does the adjustment on the new clasp work? I admit I haven’t looked into it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I’m torn on the adjustable clasp swap.

I like the sleek integration of the stock clasp. I love how there are no ridges or edges and it flows smoothly from the bracelet.

But...it sure is a bummer having no micro adjust, either static or on the fly. It does get right on the wrist sometimes.

It might be helpful to see more pics of the new adjustable clasp on the old stock bracelet.

How does the adjustment on the new clasp work? I admit I haven’t looked into it.
I didn't even think about the added bulkiness. On the SMPc it wasn't that noticeable compared to stock...I could definitely see it being more noticeable on the 2254. I do like the sleekness of the stock clasp on the older seamasters (makes for a super slim/low-profile package on wrist). I think I just going to stay with the stock on my 2254

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have a PO bezel and crystal and want to mod my 2254, but no watch maker is willing to do it. Anyone know someone who would do it? Preferably in the NYC area? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Take the 2254 and add in a ceramic bezel with finer numerals and that may be my perfect SMP

I will keep slogging along with this until Omega gets around to my ideal
That is my thought exactly. Or a planet ocean 39.5 with this dial (in ceramic) with applied indices - the ultimate Omega in my eyes. Maybe they shouldn’t make this because I would be forced to find extra funds to make a purchase.

81 - 100 of 304 Posts