WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given this SEIKOSHA EMPIRE Pocketwatch as a family heirloom.

IMG_5246.JPG IMG_4974.JPG IMG_0625.JPG IMG_4729.JPG

The time period this was manufactured should be sometime between 1880 and 1934 (the last year EMPIRE watches were in production, as according to the Seiko Museum website). I would include the link, but I'm not given the permission to do so.

Does anyone know anything regarding its value or its history? I would really like to know more about it, as there really doesn't seem to be much information about it online.

The back watch case has a logo that looks to say something like:​
★★★KCMW★★★WATCHCASE (on the outside ring)
The center says: HIGH CASE TK Nickel Chrome 615027

(I include this because it seems hard to read in the image)

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

- ysstm412

·
Registered
909 Posts
Can't say much about this particular piece. But according to this site, "Empire" was firstly manufactured in 1909, as the 3rd model SEIKOSHA ever made(1st as "Timekeeper" and 2nd as "Excellent"). It itself went through several stages over the years: Models produced in 1909~1923(The year of Great Kanto earthquake which destroyed SEIKOSHA factory) is called the "old type". 1925~1934 is called the "new type". 1934~ is called "9-year type"(1934 = Showa 9 year).

OP's particular piece looks like the latest "9-year type" as shown in this 1935 catalogue:
pw_00092.gif
It is somehow also called "type 16". Prices can be seen as well. And apparently there are several different variants with different number of jewels(7/10/15) and different prices accordingly.
Here is a much more detailed site(all in Japanese though).

That's all I can find so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts