WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I have criteria and try to narrow my search to specific watches but somehow i still always buy watches outside my criteria:roll:. My first year of collecting I pretty much bought any vintage russian i could get my had on for cheap and bought about 50 watches in 3 months, I don't regret those purchases though. I have since given my collection a direction. I still randomly collect swiss and russian watches that I think look nice or can use for parts though.
Sounds like me without any criteria, though...yet!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well my new years resolution is to try and cap/reduce my collection over the next year. The light at the end of the tunnel is that I very rarely am able to stick to my new years resolutions, so I'm not sure how long that will last ;-)

I too have been trying to narrow my search to specific watches although this year that was blown completely out of the water, but I did pick up some nice watches in the aftermath. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Still no go yet, besides I still need to get a few of them properly fixed.
Did you switch to Pobeda? What about Vympel / Kosmos project, is it over? I think you definitely need a dream - a Grail to chase, otherwise the projects will be to easy to close. What about this Poljot 2427 - the ultra-thin 29 jewels with day and date (picture from RIA - novosti).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Here are my statistics of Russian Watches:
Watches Purchased 118
Watches Sold 54
Watches for Sale 21
Watch Collection 39
Damaged, for Parts 4

Majority are Vostoks, but also have Slava, Poljot, Volmax, Raketa, and Buran.

·
Registered
768 Posts
MR Mike!

When i´ll see your "yearcollection" its hard to find out what your next level is!

That is a great yearcollection!

wood
!! I'll second that! It's a great collection of beautiful pieces. Nice photos too!
I notice the older Strumanskie ... wow!
And,... the Boctok Neptune. I believe I may have lost out to you on that one, however I did manage to win the bid for another just like it a couple weeks ago. Great watch!
I'm afraid to count my purchases,... having just started collecting this past August with a Strela purchase from Julian Kampmann it's been a non stop merry-go-round of "increase bid" button pushing. I think I'm over 100 already. :-!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.