WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since I have been on the forum but I wanted to share. I got engaged several months back and of course gave my fiancé an engagement ring. We had talked several times about a wedding rings for me and I told her I don't like rings. She really wants me to wear a ring, so I said that is fine, I will wear a ring when we are married. She asked me what type of ring and I said I was find with a simple white gold band. She said that the difference in my ring and hers was quite large so she asked (knowing I love watches) if I would want an engagement watch? Well now we're talking! A few months have passed and we have both worked from home for the last 6 - 7 weeks due to Corona-19, only going out when necessary.

This morning like many others a package shows up for her and she rushes to the door and scurries to the bedroom and tells me it is something for her sister and I didn't think twice about it. Then she says she just received a call from a photographer she has been trying to get in with to take engagement pictures of us and he had a cancellation and could fit us in today. She asks me if that is ok and of course I say, that is fine, whatever you want baby! I take a quick shower and ask what to wear, she picks out something and hands it to me and I walk into the closet to get my shoes and she asks me if I will wear my Rolex?

Quick back story, I purchased a new sub in December hoping to fill a void from one I had stolen many years ago, It is not the same watch and it did not fill the void. I don't wear it and I don't want to, don't know why but just go with me here!

Back to the story, In the closet she asks me to wear my Rolex and I say No, I don't want to, she says she doesn't understand why I won't wear that watch but If I won't wear that one, would I wear this one and she hands me a Rolex box... I ask if she got my sub out and she said No. I opened it up and to my surprise it is a Datejust 41, with a white dial with the fluted bezel! I have been looking at this watch for a few years and today, thanks to my wonderful, smart, beautiful, loving fiancé, I now own it! Icouldn't be happerier and I am so lucky to have such an amazing woman in my life.

It just goes to prove, good things happen to those who wait!

Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Great story, congrats, and best wishes to both on your upcoming nuptials.....
Sell Sub and buy her a a nice Date-Just also....
To so many (including me for a long time) thinks the Rolex professional series are the only watches in the world.
Date-Justs are and have always been perfect.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great story, congrats, and best wishes to both on your upcoming nuptials.....
Sell Sub and buy her a a nice Date-Just also....
To so many (including me for a long time) thinks the Rolex professional series are the only watches in the world.
Date-Justs are and have always been perfect.....
She just got a two tone ladies datejust with diamonds in November!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Shes a keeper!

Congrats on the watch and forthcoming nuptials.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Nice watch. |>|>

·
Registered
18,395 Posts
....opened it up and to my surprise it is a Datejust 41, with a white dial with the fluted bezel! I have been looking at this watch for a few years and today, thanks to my wonderful, smart, beautiful, loving fiancé, I now own it! Icouldn't be happerier and I am so lucky to have such an amazing woman in my life.

It just goes to prove, good things happen to those who wait!

Pics
Congratulations on your engagement

An attentive, supportive and good wife is a true blessing to a man. She’s definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
11,479 Posts
Huge congrats OP. I really enjoyed that story. Certainly flip the Sub and spend the money on an amazing holiday and start building some memories with both your Datejusts :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts