WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since I have been on the forum but I wanted to share. I got engaged several months back and of course gave my fiancé an engagement ring. We had talked several times about a wedding rings for me and I told her I don't like rings. She really wants me to wear a ring, so I said that is fine, I will wear a ring when we are married. She asked me what type of ring and I said I was find with a simple white gold band. She said that the difference in my ring and hers was quite large so she asked (knowing I love watches) if I would want an engagement watch? Well now we're talking! A few months have passed and we have both worked from home for the last 6 - 7 weeks due to Corona-19, only going out when necessary.

This morning like many others a package shows up for her and she rushes to the door and scurries to the bedroom and tells me it is something for her sister and I didn't think twice about it. Then she says she just received a call from a photographer she has been trying to get in with to take engagement pictures of us and he had a cancellation and could fit us in today. She asks me if that is ok and of course I say, that is fine, whatever you want baby! I take a quick shower and ask what to wear, she picks out something and hands it to me and I walk into the closet to get my shoes and she asks me if I will wear my Rolex?

Quick back story, I purchased a new sub in December hoping to fill a void from one I had stolen many years ago, It is not the same watch and it did not fill the void. I don't wear it and I don't want to, don't know why but just go with me here!

Back to the story, In the closet she asks me to wear my Rolex and I say No, I don't want to, she says she doesn't understand why I won't wear that watch but If I won't wear that one, would I wear this one and she hands me a Rolex box... I ask if she got my sub out and she said No. I opened it up and to my surprise it is a Datejust 41, with a white dial with the fluted bezel! I have been looking at this watch for a few years and today, thanks to my wonderful, smart, beautiful, loving fiancé, I now own it! Icouldn't be happerier and I am so lucky to have such an amazing woman in my life.

It just goes to prove, good things happen to those who wait!

Pics
Let me know if you need a wedding photographer! I would love to shoot the wedding of a watch aficionado. Most of my grooms aren't in to watches for some reason! send me a pm if you want man!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Let me know if you need a wedding photographer! I would love to shoot the wedding of a watch aficionado. Most of my grooms aren't in to watches for some reason! send me a pm if you want man!
Thank you for the offer, I will let my fiancé know. We will not be getting married for another two years and she wants to arrange everything.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congrats! My Fiance' got me very similar. Watches like these are so cook because she got you something that will always be classic and timeless. We got our engraved with: "I Choose you. Every time." on the caseback. To each their own but a simple task for any jeweler to do. Not something I'd recommend for something that there is ANY chance of wanting to sell one day but I suspect this one will be in the collection until it is inherited.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Congrats! My advice on the ring (if you haven't bought one already) is to just get a stainless steel ring off of Amazon. They are around $10 and they look just like white gold. In fact one will match your Datejust better than white gold. That way, no sweat if you ever lose your ring on a vacation in Hawaii, or some other scenario.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts