WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone.
Learn that from local Ball watch technician that the bezel of the engineer hydrocarbon titanium "mad cow" can't be replaced if damaged. For example, if its knocked hard until the bezel is jammed, there's no way to fix it unless changing the whole case. Because the bezel and the case come in one piece.
Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I am pretty sure Ball Watch is going to be the only ones that can confirm or deny this. I think if you email them, or PM Jeremy he should get you a response rather quickly.

Not to be nit picky, but I am at a loss if a Ball Watch technician would state something, why you would question it on an non-official forum in the 1st place? How could a member here possibly be able to answer that?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I am pretty sure Ball Watch is going to be the only ones that can confirm or deny this. I think if you email them, or PM Jeremy he should get you a response rather quickly.

Not to be nit picky, but I am at a loss if a Ball Watch technician would state something, why you would question it on an non-official forum in the 1st place? How could a member here possibly be able to answer that?
I think it is a fair question. This is a ball forum and if he has a question or concern about his watch, why not ask here? Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience and can confirm or contradict the technician... especially when the information offered by the technician is curious.

I find that in most cases, an issue with a watch is not unique, and usually another forumer has had the same issue and can offer advice or knowledge, many times faster than waiting for an official email response.

I agree that he should also follow up with an email to Ball directly.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I understand, but the poster indicated that a local Ball Watch Technician, which I take as an employee of Ball Watch Company. From his post, it seems that Ball Watch already answered it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I understand, but the poster indicated that a local Ball Watch Technician, which I take as an employee of Ball Watch Company. From his post, it seems that Ball Watch already answered it.
Good point. I'm pretty sure if I received that answer from a Ball technician, as odd as it sounds, I would have seeked a second opinion as well. :-s

Curious to hear the official word on this one... or maybe we already have.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Got to agree with Mark on this one Warren. Just because one "factory Ball technician" said it was so doesn't mean he is right. I would check with the factory so I knew 100% but I also would have posed the question here as well. As Mark said, maybe another forum member had the same issue and got the answer.

I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, just people who ask them!:-x

In this case, I believe both were valid and worth asking..

Just MY opinion.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
460 Posts
Got to agree with Mark on this one Warren. Just because one "factory Ball technician" said it was so doesn't mean he is right. I would check with the factory so I knew 100% but I also would have posed the question here as well. As Mark said, maybe another forum member had the same issue and got the answer.

I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, just people who ask them!:-x

In this case, I believe both were valid and worth asking..

Just MY opinion.

Cheers,

David
-----------------

Some good points are made here.

I will check with the factory in the A.M.

But the point is kind of moot anyway.

IF there is a legitimate problem with a watch (rare) our replacement policy is legendary.

Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-----------------

Some good points are made here.

I will check with the factory in the A.M.

But the point is kind of moot anyway.

IF there is a legitimate problem with a watch (rare) our replacement policy is legendary.

Jeff

Just came back from my holiday. I didn't expect my question has create some commotion after posting it.
Appreciate all your time replying my question. I will also send an email to Ball Watch Company and post it when I got the reply from them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm waiting on jhess to reply, "Don't you know who I am?"

·
Registered
440 Posts
The bezel can be replaced separately from the case.

But if there were to be a severe enough shock, it is theoretically possible for the bezel & case to be inseparable. I suppose that is what the Ball tech was talking about. I've never heard of that happening though.

Regards,
Jeremy Hogan
Ball Watch Company

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, of course I know who he is!
Just thought that he might be too busy to find out that and post a reply here.
Thank you Jeremy for your reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bezel can be replaced separately from the case.

But if there were to be a severe enough shock, it is theoretically possible for the bezel & case to be inseparable. I suppose that is what the Ball tech was talking about. I've never heard of that happening though.

Regards,
Jeremy Hogan
Ball Watch Company
I have a Hydro and the bezel doesn't quite line up. I asked before and I was told that it's impossible to line it up and that the case has to be replaced. Of course, lining up and replacing are two different things.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I have a Hydro and the bezel doesn't quite line up. I asked before and I was told that it's impossible to line it up and that the case has to be replaced. Of course, lining up and replacing are two different things.
Hi dikrek,

Welcome to the Official Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

I'm not a Ball Watch technician, so I'm no expert here...but I've never heard of a divers bezel that couldn't be adjusted so that its markers would line up to the dial's indices. My understanding is that it's a relatively simple procedure that any qualified watchmaker/technician could perform. Unless the watch has been damaged in some way, I can't imagine it needing a case replacement. Did you speak to an official Ball Watch AD?

In the original post in this thread, the question involved a bezel that had been knocked so hard, that it actually got jammed up against the case, causing damage to its attachment to the case and possibly to the case itself. You're speaking of a simple bezel alignment issue, which should be rather easily rectified. But, again, I'm no expert; you might want to send an inquiry to Ball Watch for answers.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dikrek,

Welcome to the Official Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

I'm not a Ball Watch technician, so I'm no expert here...but I've never heard of a divers bezel that couldn't be adjusted so that its markers would line up to the dial's indices. My understanding is that it's a relatively simple procedure that any qualified watchmaker/technician could perform. Unless the watch has been damaged in some way, I can't imagine it needing a case replacement. Did you speak to an official Ball Watch AD?

In the original post in this thread, the question involved a bezel that had been knocked so hard, that it actually got jammed up against the case, causing damage to its attachment to the case and possibly to the case itself. You're speaking of a simple bezel alignment issue, which should be rather easily rectified. But, again, I'm no expert; you might want to send an inquiry to Ball Watch for answers.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
I spoke to the VP of Ball, he said the way it's built it can't be done. If it can, great, but I'd like to get it done under warranty. The only aspect of the watch that bugs me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think there is anyone out there who wears their "Mad Cow" as much as I do, or anyone who is more abusive of their watch. I can honestly say that Ball SA's claim of this watch being virtually indestructible, is right on the money! To my knowledge there has only been one watch damaged beyond repair... a US Marine whose unit was hit by an IED. Shrapnel would have taken his hand had it not been for his Ball watch! He sent the mangled watch to Ball Watch USA (Jeff) asking if it could be repaired (since it represented 7% of his annual income).. can you guess what Ball's response was?.... They sent him a brand new replacement, thanking him for his service!
One (of many) of the beautiful features of Ball watches, is their fantastic warranty and customer service (that's actually two). When Jeff asked me to represent Ball Watch, I had no knowledge of the company, and I told him I would not represent a product I didn't believe in. After wearing a Ball for about a month, and doing some research into the company, I was thoroughly impressed, and I continue to be even more impressed as the relationship progresses.
Why would you be concerned about replacing a damaged bezel (if that is even possible) on a used/abused case, when Ball Watch would replace the entire case? I would personally prefer to know that no matter how hard I hit the bezel, it will, under no circumstances, become dislodged from the case!
I sincerely hope you are enjoying your "Mad Cow", I'm sure it will give you a lifetime of trouble-free service!!:thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well nothing better than hearing it from the company representative and more importantly the man whom the watch is atribute to. And seriously, if the bezel is knock so hard that that it cannot be repair, i would be more concern about the watch movement itself. And if the watch movement is still running fine, i would really say that the watch case is really one hack of a metal that is very well design and built.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Hey All:

What's the standard in the industry, say for Tag, Omega, Breitling, Hamilton, Rolex, etc. I'd be curious.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I believe it is changing the whole damx casing for Tag. As last time round, i went to the Tag shop to ask for rubber bumper replacement for my old F1 Tag and they asked me to change the whole damx case!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry for replying to this very old thread.

I have a ball EMII Diver in green bezel, DM1020A. Is it possible to replace the bezel from Green to Gray? I don't have Ball AD in my country.

Eesh

1 - 20 of 42 Posts