WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I am looking to pick up a new Marvelight and just wanted to get some info with regards to the Engineer II and III before I make the purchase. So far the only info I have found on the new Engineer III is that is has increased resistance to magnetism at 80,000a/m versus 4,800a/m or the Engineer II. Are there any other technical upgrades or changes that were made to the Engineer III? I am interested in the blue dial and want to know if both models have the same shade of blue or do they vary slightly? Any input would be a big help. Also if you have any wrist shots please post them as I can't decide on a dial color and wrist shots will make my decision easier.

Cheers,
B

·
Registered
319 Posts
I believe the newer has 904L vs 316L SS as well. Both can be found with or without the lume on the second hand and RR seal on the bracelet. Mine is the 316L version with the newer tapered bracelet with BALL engraved on the clasp and no lumed second hand.

·
Registered
30,641 Posts
I too have heard the newer models use 904 stainless.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did have a Ball engineer III and yes they use a better steel but I honestly could not tell the difference between the engineer II.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts