WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Well, I decided to get this one instead of the 'Night Train'. It just spoke to me more than the 'Train'. Plus it was much less money, and suits my needs perfectly.
I got it with a black leather strap, but would like to get a nylon or cloth strap too. Any ideas other than the links on this forum (especially if they're in California).

Thanks!

~Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi everybody. Well, I decided to get this one instead of the 'Night Train'. It just spoke to me more than the 'Train'. Plus it was much less money, and suits my needs perfectly.
I got it with a black leather strap, but would like to get a nylon or cloth strap too. Any ideas other than the links on this forum (especially if they're in California).

Thanks!

~Chris
Hi Chris,

Congrats, not only on getting your new EMII Classic, but also on listening for which model truly spoke to you! :-! The same thing happened to me, the first time I went to my local Ball AD. I went, originally hoping to get hooked by an Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic I(or II). I certainly liked the Hydrocarbon models A LOT...but it was that dressy, beautiful, elegant, and classy EMII Classic that I just couldn't take my eyes off of! I've since gotten a Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow" and really love that piece, too...but I'm sooo glad that I listened to that Classic, calling out to me. b-)

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for a good nylon or cloth strap, but there are quite a few strap guys here who'll be able to give you some great ideas.

Congrats, again, Chris! ;-)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well, if you ask me, the first place I'd look for a watch strap is the large internet auction site.....or just do an internet search on what you're looking for and all sorts of sellers will pop up. Some guys on here have favorite well-regarded (seemingly pricey) strap vendors and maybe they will lead you to their sources.....over the years I've accumulated so many straps, I could open my own watch strap shop! :roll:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
You need a strap like Anonimo uses. This thing is like glove leather and is super durable and water resistant as well. It is called Kodiak and is 22mm.

My AD who is also an Anonimo AD said he would recommend such a strap to Ball as an option.

In today's world, if you are a strap guy, it's nice to know it can handle those moments when inspiration leads to perspiration.

PS...there is always Shark, which some folks like very much and is not expensive. Stay away from Ostrich. Just a drop of moisture an P-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
It really is a classic looking watch. What is the MSRP?
Hi Scott,

The 2007 Ball Watch Guide lists the EMII Classic with retail price points of:

$1099 w/Calf leather strap

$1199 w/Stainless Steel bracelet

*Please keep in mind that these prices do not reflect the price increase that's going into effect very soon, if it hasn't already been implemented. My understanding is that the increase will be ~9% across the board.*

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Google "rustwatch" and check out his strap sales site. He's my first stop whenever I'm shopping.

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and thanks for all the suggestions. Geoff you beat me to it regarding the price. I got mine from Aron at thetimezone.com. great guy to deal with and a nice price (under $900). I'll check out the straps and let you know what I end up with. Thanks again to everyone.

~Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts