WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Awesome work. I sort of remember poking in on this when the thread first started & I'm glad it's popped back up again.

· Registered
5,819 Posts
Wow! Looking forward to the video, with or without additional embellishment!
Quite stunningly inspirational, and a great job!
Thanks for sharing the steps of the process with us

· Registered
3,312 Posts
Well, it is finished at last. Tomorrow will make proper photos and maybe also a short video.

View attachment 1567227

Unless of course I want to engrave the vertical area of bezel.
That is incredible!

Have you considered doing engraving for other people?

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
That is incredible!

Have you considered doing engraving for other people?
Thanks! I actually already do it, although not full time and I don't promote that very much either.

For those who like to kill 1m 48s of their time - I made small timelapse video during the engraving: Watch hand engraving, part 1 - YouTube. In real time that was 1h 30min. I especially like the parts where you can see minute hand speeding by.

Anway, proper cleaned up photos and video tomorrow.

· Registered
3,257 Posts
That looks so cool! Very unique!

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

· Registered
120 Posts
Well, it is finished at last. Tomorrow will make proper photos and maybe also a short video.

View attachment 1567227

Unless of course I want to engrave the vertical area of bezel.
Your work is absolutely awesome, that's a freaking watch make-over.

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Your work is breathtaking! And your modesty is refreshing. Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 · (Edited)
Now the question is, what will your next "worthy" victim be?
I say you step things up a bit and go for a manual wind Hamilton.
Strange that you mention it, I'm looking for next one as we speak :). Currently at the top of the list I have Tissot Visodate and Hamilton Day Date Auto. I'll travel to US soon, so it would be good change to get a good deal...

Anyhow, it is finally ready. Quite a long journey, starting from the end of October, but actual hours worked on it was about 4 days worth.

Final photos:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

And a video -
. I didn't know much what "to do" in the video, but maybe helps to get a better idea of how it looks in real life.

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Awesome work. I forget how small everything is when we see all of these blown up watch pics.

· Registered
455 Posts
Strange that you mention it, I'm looking for next one as we speak :). I'll travel to US soon, so it would be good change to get a good deal...
If you are near Virginia then I will be more than happy to offer you free boarding at my home. But of course, while you are here I will be locking you in my garage with some engraving tools and a few of my watches :-d

· Registered
4,220 Posts
Absolutely amazing. Totally stunning. World class beautiful work. I'd pay through the nose for that kind of handwork on anything really. Taking a machined case like one of thousands of others and making it into a one of a kind masterpiece is something to be very proud of. Keeping mastery of hand crafts alive in the era of modern manufacturing is something to be proud of too.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.