WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, great watches. I am just happy, that they are so big, I hardly ever wear watches with a size of more than 40mm. Saves me from trying to buy one.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
That looks like it's in superb condition. A very impressive piece of hardware.:-!

·
Premium Member
13,348 Posts
congrats on a great watch

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Mihai P,

I am not absolutely sure if Enicar is a sought-after brand, but sure enough the Sherpa series definitely are sought-after models. Sometimes I wear my late grandfather's thin Enicar dress watch, I had it repaired, and at the watchmaker's I found it has a rather small gold-plated movement. He bought it some time in the 1970s to replace his lost Tissot, which would have been nicer if he did not lose it. My younger sister's first watch was an Enicar too.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
That is very true too; however, it is still not untrue to say that Enicar, as a marque, is less collected than the "big names".
It is a cognoscenti's marque, to be sure. Perhaps it is best that the droves pursue other brands - leaves more Enicars for those who appreciate them.

Mihai, that is superb. If I found an Enicar in that kind of condition I would grab it!:-!

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,227 Posts
Congratulations. You bought a fine GMT watch and I love the name. I enjoy a close cousin, the Enicar Sherpa Guide.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for your appreciations!!!Enicar Sherpa Super Jet as his brothers and cousins ​​brand deserves our appreciation.In my country it's hard to wear a Rolex and Vacheron, does not mean they do not appreciate these brands.Proverb says, "sparrow corn dreams".
My town, Targu-Jiu, probably will not say anything.But if I tell you that here in my region the great sculptor Constantin Brancusi was born you would see with other eyes this small point on the map, right?Here he created and placed some of his creations.Watch a link to his home(Hobita village) and his sculpture located in my town.Enjoy?
Constantin Brâncu

·
Registered
315 Posts
... If I found an Enicar in that kind of condition I would grab it!:-!
I did. :p
This one just came in from Hongkong, the case is somewhat dirty, but the dial and hands are perfect just as the movement, and I am happy it is not polished to death anyways. Note that it is the smaller sister to Mihai's watch, the 36 mm model, which is perfect for my taste.

(Pic's are grabbed from the seller, hope they are included in the price;-)).
This Sherpa Jet joins my Super Divette:

I do agree that Enicar (Sherpa) are very nice watches - good inhouse movements, a look that is pretty unique and good quality cases too. However it is not easy to find spare parts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
o.v.e,congratulations for beautiful "catch".It's a nice watch, you'll be very pleased with him.All the best!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks, Mihai!
There are also tiny details, that make Enicar nice. Have You noticed the lume dots on the dial of the Divette - they form a square that is sitting on one of it's corners. Our Jet's instead have the same type indexes, but they are turned by 180 degrees, so the lume dots form a kind of a cross instead. BTW - You ought to replace the lost lume on the hands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have this watch. I bought it new in 1972 from an ad in the back of Flying magazine. I'm wearing it as I post this. It keeps very good time if you wear it daily. It needs to be cleaned and I'd like to have the crystal polished. I'll post some images after I photograph it. b-)

Steve

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're welcome, I can not wait to see another Enicar here.I wish I could also buy a new watch.I definitely would have given other treatment than it has been treated mine came up to me.All the best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Upon closer inspection I may have a Sherpa Jet as opposed to a Super Jet. Anyway here are 3 images of the watch. I haven't made a lightbox yet so please excuse the poor images. :-(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts