WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son, who shares my interest in watches, just sent me a picture of a watch he picked up. He was wondering what I knew about it. My answer was "very little" but I would post something and try to find out. It is a manual wind and says "Swiss". Here is the picture. He said it runs well. Thanks

IMG_2280_resized.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan. Yes the dial did look a little too good. He said he paid $50 so even with the refinished dial he did ok. Thanks for the link. Will check it out.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Dan, what do you think about the hour and minute hand? I’m thinking they don’t match (looking at where they attach) and wondering if I’m correct. Thanks.

Mike
You are correct. The minute hand is "alpha", the hour hand is "dauphine". The seconds hand is too short. If any of them are correct, it would probably be the minute hand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm looking for a nice Enicar but it's hard to find an all original one without breaking the bank.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
I'm looking for a nice Enicar but it's hard to find an all original one without breaking the bank.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
This forum is not for buying and selling, but you can post a WTB thread on the sales forum.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not true at all! I've been collecting Enicar for years, and there are many, many great Enicars still to be had for reasonable prices. But, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a NOS Sherpa Super Dive for less than $1,000...those days are long gone. But, you can find really cool, single crown Seapearls or Sherpas (full on EPSA super compressors) for less than $500, sometimes for as little as $100 if you're lucky. But...know what you're buying (like with any vintage watches). Most of what you see on eBay is garbage, franken watches. Once you learn what to look for, you'll be surprised what you'll find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts