WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Well, even your friendly co-mod buys watches occasionally (too often for She Who Must Be Obeyed, but I do buy something every so often...).

It's an Enicar Ultrasonic with an absolutely lovely AR 1120 red-gold plated calibre inside, and I can't find any references about this calibre! Don't have any pictures right now, as my daughter has my digicam, but does anyone have any references or links about this?

Has a rather battered chromed case with a lovely spring-held bayonet back that takes just a short turn to take off, and it's got a nice textured silver face with virtually no wear and tear, non-lumed hands.

Very nice strong beat, the AR 1120 is fairly unusual in that the balance wheel assembly looks "backwards", as the bridge is anchored not on the right of the balance, but rather on the left.

Since roughly 12:00 noon it's been running smack on: doesn't hack, but it is set to be 52 seconds ahead of the current atomic time minute and has held that over the last 8 hours or so.

JohnF

PS: did the usual google searches and was also at Ranfft, who doesn't have the AR 1120...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi John,

no additional info here, but did you consider to contact Chronoswiss?:-S
Maybe, it's a bit strange to think they would reply a request for some Enicar info, but as some of their movements are based on Enicar movements it could be worth a try.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Hi John,

Came up with a few ultrasonic photos, although all may not apply.

Hey...it's an Ultrasonic!

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom -

You rascal. :)

The calibre that you show here isn't the one I have, which had differently shaped bridges. And my ultrasonic cleaner is a tad smaller than yours. Did it come with the towel or did you photoshop that one in?

And let's not get into the stories of what Japanese women have used to ... no, let's not go there at all...

JohnF

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Tom -

You rascal. :)

The calibre that you show here isn't the one I have, which had differently shaped bridges. And my ultrasonic cleaner is a tad smaller than yours. Did it come with the towel or did you photoshop that one in?

And let's not get into the stories of what Japanese women have used to ... no, let's not go there at all...

JohnF

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi -

Sorta kinda, but the bridges are very different.

And what do you make of the **two** pointers on the balance wheel microadjusting assembly???

JohnF

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I recently saw some NOS Enicars on the Poormans watch forum that were beautiful but they were under 40mm case diameter and I would never wear it. Beautiful watches though

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Hi -

Sorta kinda, but the bridges are very different.

And what do you make of the **two** pointers on the balance wheel microadjusting assembly???

JohnF
I think I have seen some calibers with a screw in between the two pointers for fine adjustment, but this may be a lower grade caliber so for cost saving, it removed the screw?:-S

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
John,

So, where are your pics? We're waiting;-)

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi -

Impatient, are we? :)

Sunday is the first day I will be able to come up for air long enough to take some pictures...

Enircar, Roamer and Favor will be pictured, as well as some others...

JohnF

PS: yes, got a Roamer, automatic, rather nice shape. I blame everyone here. :)

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Hi -

Impatient, are we? :)

Sunday is the first day I will be able to come up for air long enough to take some pictures...

Enircar, Roamer and Favor will be pictured, as well as some others...

JohnF

PS: yes, got a Roamer, automatic, rather nice shape. I blame everyone here. :)
Well, as long as we have it scheduled:-D

Blame Quoll for the Roamer - we all do:roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.