WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm thinking about giving my senior management team a watch for this Christmas. I own a SuperOcean with the Blue dial. Can anyone help me with some suggestions of an entry level Breitlilng watch that is an automatic. We are are small company and the SuperOcean was just a bit too much for the budget when I have to buy for 6 people.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking about giving my senior management team a watch for this Christmas. I own a SuperOcean with the Blue dial. Can anyone help me with some suggestions of an entry level Breitlilng watch that is an automatic. We are are small company and the SuperOcean was just a bit too much for the budget when I have to buy for 6 people.

Thanks,
I believe that the colt auto is the cheapest B auto. A nice choice as well since its a nice blend of dressy and sporty. Its hard not to like it. After discounting youre looking at about 2k a piece, more or less.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Actually the colt and superocean are almost the same price. The colt auto is 2675 before discounts and the old superocean is 2500. I think the new superocean is 2845.. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Actually the colt and superocean are almost the same price. The colt auto is 2675 before discounts and the old superocean is 2500. I think the new superocean is 2845.. Good luck!!!!
Yes, but cheaper is cheaper. Also, I think the slightly smaller size and less sporty look would be more appropriate for a "senior management" gift, as it will fit with business attire very well.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts

Thanks,
If you want an Auto you might check out the Oris line.

If you don't mind Quartz, and want to stay Swiss, Tissot has some great pieces that can be had in the $500 range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
soooo where do you work that your buying your employees fine timepieces? hahaha

but in all honesty the Colt is a nice watch. That was my first breitling and at 19 years old i was tickled pink to own it and everyone i knew was very impressed with the watch. its just plain attractive.

im not sure what "discounts" everyone talks of because if i wasn't related to someone in the jewelry business i sure as hell wouldnt get a sweet discount.

price wise im pretty sure the colt is the least expensive breitling.

perhaps look at Tag? i know i used to have a aquaracer that i got for under 2k.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Do not forget you are buying 6, this means an AD will be moving a lot of watch in one sale = negotiation time. Do not forget how much they want your business especially that many pieces. It is easy to forget who has the upper hand and honestly it is you!

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Talk to your AD. If you order that many from the for corporate use, you should usually be able to get 30% off on these. We've done that before at the AD i work for. A business owner came in, got 10 stainless steel Submariners and got a hell of a deal on them.

Like the guys said, the Colt auto is the least expensive, more 'formal' Breitling to go with.

·
Registered
718 Posts

Thanks,
Can I come and work for you please?

;-)

Stef

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Looked at the Colt and SuperOcean but they are just a bit more than the $1500/piece budget that I have even with the discount. Considering a Tag, Oris or Fortis. For personal purchase, I might lean towards Tag for the simple fact that for non watch enthusiasts, they are more well known. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Thanks everyone. Looked at the Colt and SuperOcean but they are just a bit more than the $1500/piece budget that I have even with the discount. Considering a Tag, Oris or Fortis. For personal purchase, I might lean towards Tag for the simple fact that for non watch enthusiasts, they are more well known. Thanks again for your help.
Tag Aquaracer auto can be had for about a grand. Its simple, versatile, and like you said, many (non-WIS) people think very highly of the name.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, the Tag Aquaracer is the exact watch I was thinking of. It runs for $1800 here in Canada and I can probably get it for $1500 all taxes in. What do you guys think about Longine watches. Are they on par with Tag in terms of brand ?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Yup, the Tag Aquaracer is the exact watch I was thinking of. It runs for $1800 here in Canada and I can probably get it for $1500 all taxes in. What do you guys think about Longine watches. Are they on par with Tag in terms of brand ?
Tag would be much more impressive to your non-WIS empoyees, would not get Longine's. Not a bad brand at all, but for the wow factor go Tag and it is a great watch as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If they are golfers, consider the Tag professional golf watch. Way under your budget and quartz is probably preferred by most non-WIS types.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts