WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The Rolex is mass produced steel, the VC is not. You should see these watches, the level of refinement is insane! Is hand-polished everywhere, ever the places you cant see. Would you like to own a watch everyone has or a rare timepiece you can be proud of your whole life?
1. They are both mass produced. The Vacheron has more hand-finishing, and there are fewer of them, but it's also quite "mass produced."
2. I live in Beverly Hills. Everyone here does not own a Rolex. Everyone owns an Apple Watch. Sure, I expect more people own Rolex than Vacheron Constantin, but Milgauss is a rare piece - particularly in Z-blue. It's very different from the typical Rolex look.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm currently trying to decide if I want to pursue an entry level watch from the holy trinity or a mid range watch from a mainstream luxury brand.

Specifically I'm thinking about a Gen 1 Vacheron Constantin Overseas time only 37mm or a Rolex Milgauss (black dial, clear crystal). These watches roughly occupy the same price bracket but are vastly different. My heart says go for the Vacheron but my brain says get the Rolex. My main concern is the fragility of the VC. I don't beat on my watches but I also don't want to be paranoid wearing them out of the house. I'm also concerned the 37mm case may wear too small on my 7.5" wrist.

Thoughts?
View attachment 15373664
I say put an extra couple of grand & get a generation 2 Overseas. I'm not a fan of the 1st generation. The bracelet & case shape are off putting.
That being said the Overseas 2nd generation has gone up in value at least 4 thousand dollars these past 6 months.

·
Premium Member
20,859 Posts
That being said the Overseas 2nd generation has gone up in value at least 4 thousand dollars these past 6 months.
Maybe that’s a consequence of the Overseas Gen 3 becoming more popular, like mav has alluded to.

Reactions: blakestarhtown
61 - 65 of 65 Posts