WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there, I need a crash course in differentiating the various Speedmaster models. I love the look of the watch, I love the history of the watch. I have several Omegas, but this would be my first iconic watch purchase. But here's the thing....I'm a cheap b*stard.

I'm looking at preowned. I'm just a little overwhelmed at the vast differences in the cost of various models. Manual, autos, moon, reduced, Japan, different movements.... Yikes! Not sure I've been attracted to a more complicated watch purchase. I've seen visually identical looking watches go from between $700 and $5000.

I prefer the non decorated oyster bracelet, I really like the older case on the Mark models (I think, looks like a bullhead style), I don't really care which movement as long as it is reliable.

Can you guys (and gals) help me out?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WatchNut22

·
Registered
906 Posts
wish ive seen this before buying a speedy reduced. nice watch but i really wanted the pro. shame on me for not doing the research.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen pics of a mark 2 before that made it look that good. I k ow they were just casual wrist shots but they add so much more to the watch than the head on sales site pics. It's a really interesting shape that has a quirky high tech mid century look to it. Well done.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have owned two speedmaster watches. I had a Mark 40 triple date which was nice but a tad smaller at 39mm. Great watch but it was busy and didn’t really do it for me as far as the nostalgia went. Then I traded for a Mark II which I currently have. Best watch ever and runs well within COSC. The mark II was designed in 1969 after the Apollo missions to replace the famous speedmaster professional. But sadly it never took on that role as it’s iconic Brother. Either war they are fantastic watches and omega does it right

1 - 12 of 12 Posts