WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Endurance II?

Hi guys,

I’m thinking of picking up a used Endurance II. This would be my most expensive watch do date so I would appreciate any feedback on this watch. Anyone know the original price? It was a pre-existing customer sale correct?

God Bless

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Pre-existing customers only. Price was $1700 + $50.00 shipping. Limited to 45 pieces, came in a blue cardboard box and on a rubber strap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Brandon! When I was looking for this watch I found two people selling them for around the same price...I guess you bought the other one! B-)

Mine should be on the way soon...I just know I'm going to love it...hopefully you'll have the same reaction! Goodluck!:-!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Brandon! When I was looking for this watch I found two people selling them for around the same price...I guess you bought the other one! B-)

Mine should be on the way soon...I just know I'm going to love it...hopefully you'll have the same reaction! Goodluck!:-!
I haven’t bought it yet. I’m really thinking hard on this one. I’ve never spent more than $1k on a watch. It makes me kind of nervous.

Can I ask how much you paid?

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Nothing unusual. I have met Mike Kobold and Dan S. a few times in person. Most people shouting their mouths off have never seen nor spoken with him. Some may have read a few posts when he used to post over on TZ when he was first starting out his company. Mike is passionate, and because of that, will speak his mind in regards to anything related to watches, which is a good thing. The first time I emailed Kobold years ago asking about the LEO discount on a Phantom, I had a phone call from Mike within an hour, and it was the most non-pressured conversation about watches. At no time was their pressure to buy a watch. I eventually bought a used one, and then over time three or four direct from Kobold.

People's main grip is about price. But any WIS can look at almost every brand out there, and say that the MSRP is inflated. I can only think of a few companies right now that I can truly say the MSRP is a good buy, and they are companies like Seiko, Citizen, Marathon and maybe a few others. Again fine swiss watches are luxury items, if they weren't every tom, dick and harry would have several on their wrist.

I think the Endurance II and the Spirit of America are amazing buys at this point, regardless if they said Kobold or another brand name on the dial. They are well build and will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. If I was you, and I am not, I would take the plunge. I understand that buying your first 1k and up watch is a tough decision, but I think you will be trilled with it.

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
Quote from Obie:

People's main grip is about price. But any WIS can look at almost every brand out there, and say that the MSRP is inflated. I can only think of a few companies right now that I can truly say the MSRP is a good buy, and they are companies like Seiko, Citizen, Marathon and maybe a few others. Again fine swiss watches are luxury items, if they weren't every tom, dick and harry would have several on their wrist.

I Agree with you wholeheartedly Obie. The best time to get a Kobold is, of course on an initial special offering and they are very competatively priced then. It drives me crazy when some of these guys raise a big stink about the price of a Kobold and then say that they would rather buy something like an IWC, Omega or some other Swiss high end watch that uses a basic ETA movement that is probably a lower grade or has less customization than the one in a Kobold. Even when you consider something like a Rolex with an in house movement - do they really think it costs Rolex that much more to produce a movement than a customized ETA-2824-2; maybe a little but not that much. Remember they make close to one million watches a year. Many Swiss watches' values are kept up by constant price increases and huge marketing campaigns. A lot of what you get with Kobold is a very unique low production number watch and great customer service unlike most of the big companies and I think that is worth something.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm with Warren and Vince.

Kobold makes fine, beautiful watches.
You won't regret breaking the $1000 price barrier when you put the EII on your wrist.

Steve
Fine watches are like diamonds for men

1 - 10 of 10 Posts