WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I gave up on trying to purchase the Longines, and I got my money back from Tourneau. Anyways, I currently reside in the 'states' and I'm trying to purchase an EPOS, but there seems to be no reputable dealers(online/brick&mortar). I'm looking for an EPOS emotion ref. 3390, but everytime I search for one, google takes me to a bunch of shady sites or japanese sites. Now, I went to the EPOS website and it seems like they only cater to the Eurasian continent. This leads me to conclude that you can't purchase one in the USA.o| o|o|Please tell me I'm wrong and that I can purchase one somehow. :-( I wish there were sites like SeiyaJapan but for Swiss watches. Epos seems to make quite a nice watch for the money.

MVMT: ETA 2892-A2 (28,880 bph)
blue hands, blue numerals . . . what more can you ask for?

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Yes, u are wrong! There...feel better?

:-d long time veteran US Watchseller by the name of David Loebl sells them under the name of "The Watchseller" or something along those lines.

I think he is an authorized EPOS dealer and if you have some patience he will occasionally offer steep discounts up to 50% on the EPOS pieces. He just did that about a month or 6 weeks ago. Almost every piece in stock was 50% off.

And, of course, the obligatory I am not associated with the seller nor do I take any responsibility for any transaction, problem, or other injustice that can occur in the wild world of watch hunting. I did purchase a watch from him before and it went smoothely. AS I remember, he does not take paypal and if you want to use a CC you need to mail him a copy of it or something to that effect.

Well, if this post is against WUS rules, please feel free to just delete!!!:-!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, u are wrong! There...feel better?

:-d long time veteran US Watchseller by the name of David Loebl sells them under the name of "The Watchseller" or something along those lines.

I think he is an authorized EPOS dealer and if you have some patience he will occasionally offer steep discounts up to 50% on the EPOS pieces. He just did that about a month or 6 weeks ago. Almost every piece in stock was 50% off.

And, of course, the obligatory I am not associated with the seller nor do I take any responsibility for any transaction, problem, or other injustice that can occur in the wild world of watch hunting. I did purchase a watch from him before and it went smoothely. AS I remember, he does not take paypal and if you want to use a CC you need to mail him a copy of it or something to that effect.

Well, if this post is against WUS rules, please feel free to just delete!!!:-!
ZOMG! You better not be ****ting me! HAHAHAH! HAZZAH! This is terrific news. How do I contact him? Does he have a website?

edit: lol, nm. I found him on google.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Nice looking watch :-!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I've just seen this on the EPOS site:

Gotta love the crown :)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I don't have one yet but a buddy of mine has a Chrono diver by them and the quality is awesome. Allot watch for the money. I hope to get one before the year is out. ;-)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, I tried to contact David's supplier, GNT watches . . .but to no avail, they didn't have the watch. I don't know whether or not to give up on buying this watch. o| I don't know why I have to jump through these stupid hoops just to get my hands on one. Shouldn't they be begging for my money? Especially in these times? ARGH! Sorry. I just get so frustrated. I'm really no better than a child.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
It really can be a funny/ironic game in pursuing any given watch. Once it gets down to a personal level you start seeing why it is sometimes no easy task to obtain that particular watch.

As you say, it should be easy. You have the money, you want the watch. But, inventory, model, and supply issues along with availability, dial color, and movement availability can sometimes come into play.

The watch business, in general, moves at a snails pace when you are waiting for a particular watch, movement, part, repair, ect. It seems like a week is nothing ...better off to measure time in months. Why does it have to be this way? Because it is.

The more you get into it, the more you see that a watch in hand is really sometimes an accomplishment.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It really can be a funny/ironic game in pursuing any given watch. Once it gets down to a personal level you start seeing why it is sometimes no easy task to obtain that particular watch.

As you say, it should be easy. You have the money, you want the watch. But, inventory, model, and supply issues along with availability, dial color, and movement availability can sometimes come into play.

The watch business, in general, moves at a snails pace when you are waiting for a particular watch, movement, part, repair, ect. It seems like a week is nothing ...better off to measure time in months. Why does it have to be this way? Because it is.

The more you get into it, the more you see that a watch in hand is really sometimes an accomplishment.
That reply was really well written and well thought about. Kudos. Honestly though, sometimes I just want to split the money I would have spent on this watch to get the Seiko Spirit SCVS013 and the Tissot Le Locle that I always yammer on about. But when I think about the 2892-A2 movement in the Epos, my brains starts to drool. In any case, the Epos seems like a perfect union of the two designs . . . availability is the only problem. If only I could read/speak japanese . . . I would try to order it from bluek.co.jp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did GNT say they couldn't get it, or just that they don't have it currently? In most cases that I've found, if you can wait 6-8 weeks most ADs can get a particular model from the manufacturer.

...at least that is what they all say...delivering on that I have yet to experience...

shane

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did GNT say they couldn't get it, or just that they don't have it currently? In most cases that I've found, if you can wait 6-8 weeks most ADs can get a particular model from the manufacturer.

...at least that is what they all say...delivering on that I have yet to experience...

shane
Well actually, GNT contacted me earlier today stating that they'll be getting the watch soon. The only problem is that they want twice the amount other places are charging.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bummer, maybe they'll dicker a bit. Don't let them know you're flush with cash from the other deal that fell through :)

None of the "brick and mortar" stores were near where you are?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts