WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I was at work and we had an esq automatic, I didn't have much time to examine it but I did see that it said swiss movement 18 jewels, I don't know what movement that could be. Any ideas?

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,622 Posts
The only modern 18 jewel movement I'm aware of is from Claro-Semag. You may want to ask Movado which movement it uses. It is indeed a watch movement that should keep reasonably accurate time and last for a good long time. Whether it is a Swiss Made movement is at least open to question. Although it bears a striking similarity to a recognized chinese movement my understanding is that the manufacturer insists it meets the content defintion for the Swiss Made label. Search old messages here on WUS for more information. I suspect that it is indeed of Swinese origin and that it reflects an uncomfortable truth about the Swiss Made brand that swiss watch companies are unwilling to discuss.

If it is a Claro Semag movement this comparison to a Sea Gull movement rovides some real insight.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f72/claro-semag-cl-888-versus-sea-gull-st16-tear-down-312588.html

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts