WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an opportunity to purchase a used ETA 2824-2 for about $140 that came out of a Meister Anker watch. Looks clean and snapshots of the timing machine has good results. But the movement is coming from another website where Chinese clones are fairly rampant.

My question, can anyone comment on the legitimacy of this movement from the attached picture? One thing I noted is the balance regulator is lacking the wishbone and screw for fine tuning I'm accustomed to seeing. I don't know enough about the history of ETA movements to determine if that's a tell or if it's some variation of a legitimate ETA 2824-2 movement.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

1nhsa8.jpg

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

...but I've also never seen one without the micro adjustment screw.
Ever looked here?
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 2824-2

They were, and on request still are available with simple regulator, with or without regulator lever. Vice versa I've never seen a China copy without excenter regulator, although I'm not sure it doesn't exist.

Regards. Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That site is a great resource that I'm just becoming familiar with.

Do you or anyone else have a good method for evaluating grading and shock system from pictures like this? Any guesses if this is Economique, Standard, Elabore, or Top? Incabloc shock system?

Like I said it came from a Meister Anker watch - does that help guess what it would be?

I received a few more pictures of it:

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-22 at 6.50.17 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-06-22 at 6.40.40 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-06-22 at 6.39.40 AM.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts