WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ETA of my first Zenith…….Coming Monday

Dear Zenith fans,

Thanks to all your replies and advice given on my previous post (my 1st Zenith almost on my wrist, however…), I finally have purchased my Zenith Defy Classic Open in stainless steel :p:p:p. I am currently awaiting my watch as it is on the way with an ETA this Monday.
Normally, I look forward to the weekend, but this time no weekend seems very acceptable to me….. I am very, very excited and keep on checking the tracking website to see where the watch is every 5 minutes (which seems very long in these kind of matters)

I do want to take this opportunity to say special thanks to EZCheese for his advice to talk to Rob from Toppers Jewelers and Dan for his (Zenith) expertise.
I also would like to thank Toppers Jewelers for their service and working with me on my first high end dream watch….FINALLY, I have it!!!!
Once again thanks to all of you for making this possible.

Regards,
Sc

P.s. Am I the only one, or did everyone get nervous receiving their (first) zenith watch…..

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,631 Posts
Re: ETA of my first Zenith…….Coming Monday

I am glad that you made the purchase and even more glad that you are looking forward to it so much - like with everything else, if the agony of waiting is so great, it means that the joint life is going to be all the longer and more enjoyable! At first when you said ETA, I thought you meant the movement maker rather than "Estimated Time of Arrival".....:roll:

The first Zenith I bought was in the shop so there was no agony of waiting for me. Just a short period of consideration and sorting out the finances.:-d The second Zenith was a ladies' watch from the early seventies with Cal. 1110 that was going very cheap and noone seemed to want it on eBay. If I had not picked it up, it would not have mattered that much to me. The third one was a present from the former moderator of this forum, Capt. John Baird: a Cal. 133.8 from 1953 in bad exterior state (nasty dial, seconds hand missing) but in excellent interior condition. I still don't know what I did to deserve it. I will really have to have it fixed one of these days.

The fourth watch was my Zenith pocket watch from the mid twenties with Cal. 18 1/2''' N.V.S.I - and that I did get off eBay. I certainly agonized until I got it, particularly since it was the most expensive item I ever bought there with cash up front! It was well worth it, though!!:-!

Hartmut Richter

·
Banned
2,219 Posts

Congrats SC! I'm glad it worked out for you!

I was in a similar state when I was expecting my Zenith. I checked the tracking just as often! :-d

My Defy was my first high end watch and I was very careful when I first took it out of the box, but after a while I became comfortable wearing it and I didn't freak out about it.

These watches are definitely made to be worn and not to be safe queens!

Can't wait to see pics. :-!

·
Registered
453 Posts

Definitely, I want to see it on your wrist. 46.5mm just sounded too daunting for my scrawny little chicken bone, but it is a striking look. |>

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

Definitely, I want to see it on your wrist. 46.5mm just sounded too daunting for my scrawny little chicken bone, but it is a striking look. |>
You'd be surprised. For many years, I wore a Temption moon phase/chronograph based on a V7751 movement I believe. Huge watch on my thin wrist, but I loved it!

Cheers!

Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Yes yes,

its finally here. Had the wait the whole day, as it was delivered at my home while I was in the office.
Once I knew it was in the delivery truck, I basically started checking the route to my house for traffic jams....unbelievable,uh.

I went home as quick as possible coz my son of 2,5 yr wanted to unpack the box. He helped me.
The watch is amazing...

Here are some pics..great box to pack it in...:-d

regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts

Wow !

Just Wow !

That baby looks fantastic. Be careful driving the first few days, if you know what I mean. You'll find yourself marvelling at the fit and finish and little details that aren't immediately evident. Check out the accuracy against an atomic clock. (No, you can't hack it - not at 36k vph). You'll find +/- 1-2 sec's a day no problem. Sweet !

·
Banned
2,219 Posts

Wow !

Just Wow !

That baby looks fantastic. Be careful driving the first few days, if you know what I mean. You'll find yourself marvelling at the fit and finish and little details that aren't immediately evident. Check out the accuracy against an atomic clock. (No, you can't hack it - not at 36k vps). You'll find +/- 1-2 sec's a day no problem. Sweet !
I tend to pay my watch too much attention to my watches while driving too. :-d

The El Primero and Elite movements both are excellent time keepers. My HMS gains between 1 and 2 seconds per day as well. :-!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Definitely, I want to see it on your wrist. 46.5mm just sounded too daunting for my scrawny little chicken bone, but it is a striking look.
Well as you can see, the 46,5 mm does not seem that big at all...before all you guys think I have a wrist size of 10 in...its not, its only 7 inch...
Just Wow !

That baby looks fantastic. Be careful driving the first few days, if you know what I mean. You'll find yourself marvelling at the fit and finish and little details that aren't immediately evident. Check out the accuracy against an atomic clock. (No, you can't hack it - not at 36k vps). You'll find +/- 1-2 sec's a day no problem. Sweet !
I tend to pay my watch too much attention to my watches while driving too.
This morning I drove because I had to drop my son off. I did not notice it at that time, but reading these things…yes I recognize it..I was def eyeing my watch n how it was looking while driving…:-d
Concerning the accuracy, the book states that I have to wear the watch for a minimum of 12 hours for a couple of days in order to make it most accurate.
So, can't say anything now, but I already m impressed by the mechanical function of the movement/ watch and how smoothly and accurate it runs (chrono); the reset of the central sec hands is so fast, that you can't even c it flipping back.:-!

I am now working on the resizing, coz somehow the size I had mentioned was big. M trying to get it sized in such a way that it does not press too tightly on my wrist (blood circulation is important) ;-) and still does not move. An AD already resized it so I am almost there, but I forgot my link for the AD to replace a full link with a half…once this is done, it should be perfect, I think….

Thanks guys for your warm wishes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.