WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a listing of the accuracy for ETA quartz movements? Specifically, the 955.122. I know is not a HEQ, but I was hoping someone here might have such information.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
397 Posts
My Tissot PR50 Titanium Seven (which uses the ETA 988.333 movement) is on track for +8 sec/month which is well within the spec (which is -10/+15 per month which is standard quartz). So I'm pleased if it stays that way. :-!

peace

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen, Thanks for the input. The actual watch in question is a CWC R.M. SBS. I'm torn between it and a Marathon TSAR. At least now, I know what type accuracy to expect from either.

John

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Gentlemen, Thanks for the input. The actual watch in question is a CWC R.M. SBS. I'm torn between it and a Marathon TSAR. At least now, I know what type accuracy to expect from either.

John
John -- any given individual watch may perform much better than 15 to 20 seconds per month. This is just what the manufacturer is willing to stand by. We often hear of non-thermocompensated watches being good to much less than this. It depends on the individual watch and its surroundings. A matter of luck, really.

I'm not super familiar with the two you're considering, but if they both have ETA non-thermocomp movements, then it's a flip of the coin as to which would be more accurate. Both, of course, would be fully adequate as timekeepers for everyday use. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Where can I find a listing of the accuracy for ETA quartz movements? Specifically, the 955.122. I know is not a HEQ, but I was hoping someone here might have such information.

Thanks,

John
According to ETA's specifications for that movement, it is set at the factory to be -0.3 to +0.5 sec/day at a temperatures between 20-30 C.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I have a quick question, I just ordered an Invicta *please no hater messages* 9307 with a Swiss quartz. I know it isn't a HEQ but does any one know what Swiss quartz models they use in their lower watches? If not, how can I tell if I can take the case off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts