WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back in 2009 eta/tissot introduced the co1.211 auto chrono mvmt as a more economical 7750 alternative. i read some old posts on the subject but updated input would be appreciated (reliability, accuracy, etc) now that it's been used on various swatch/tissot models for several yrs. thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
still looking for requested input ...
I think its still too early to judge this movement's long term reliability/life expectancy,because its only been 4 years since its introduction. Hopefully the plastic escapement holds up without too much service. Short term reliability must be good, since you don't see many forum posts about broken c01s. None at all actually.
On this Russian website i found a very large discussion concerning c01.211 with nice pictures, too. That discussion is mostly a flame war ,back and forth, about movements ugliness/use of plastic parts, but whoever posted, who actually owned the watch with c01, wrote the accuracy was top notch. My Prc200 is good in that regard, also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for the info. interesting russian watch website. on the surface models with c01.211 seem quite attractive. i mean very reasonably priced for a swiss made auto chrono.

·
Registered
39 Posts
back in 2009 eta/tissot introduced the co1.211 auto chrono mvmt as a more economical 7750 alternative. i read some old posts on the subject but updated input would be appreciated (reliability, accuracy, etc) now that it's been used on various swatch/tissot models for several yrs. thx
I've had mine since December of 2010. I first had an issue with it keeping time, as in it kept dying on me. After playing with it, I fixed it, without taking it apart. The grease they must use is very good, or good enough for the mainspring not to properly unwind or wind; whichever it was. The second issue I had with it was the totalizers --- but that was NOT the movement's fault. In fact, I found out, NEVER adjust the time or date without first resetting the chronograph, or else you will be moving the small chronograph hands as well. If you do a search, you can find how I fixed it and found it out. However, in either case, there really wasn't any fault on the movement; in fact, I myself wouldn't blame it. I wear mine everyday, 24x7x365 since I got it back in December of 2010. I use the chronograph 7 days a week and even more than that throughout each day. I workout with it; I do bodybuilding and I also run. I have never had an issue with it. It does run a little fast. It gains about 1 minute a month give or take. Which for an automatic watch that gets beat on every single day, that's really good. So, it's practically been on my wrist for 3 years straight, and again, absolutely no issues other than those minor ones I mentioned about. I'm betting that this movement will work well for 10 to 15 years without requiring some service, even in the line of duty mine is in. So for others, it might be a movement that will out last their lifetime. Who knows, but I absolutely love my PRC 200 auto chrono and people comment on it day in and day out.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I was told by the local Omega/Tissot service center that if the movement has an issue, they wouldn't bother trying a repair, they would just swap out the old movement for a new one.

I'm assuming they wouldn't service it either. Was quoted 350$ for a new movement, which is about the same as a full service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was told by the local Omega/Tissot service center that if the movement has an issue, they wouldn't bother trying a repair, they would just swap out the old movement for a new one.

I'm assuming they wouldn't service it either. Was quoted 350$ for a new movement, which is about the same as a full service.
That's probably true. I was quoted $565 to repair a Seastar 1000 chrono (same movement) in which the minute hand of the chrono function did not reset properly. This included a waterproof test that apparently is outrageously expensive. I sent it out to a third party in Ohio who did it for $250 including the water tightness test.

On another note, the C01.211 is not a cheaper 7750, but a cheaper Lemania 5100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts