WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Hi there,

consider that in the 40s and 50s fashion prefered small watches, not the toilet-lid size from today. So all variants of this calibre were fairly rare, especially the 1117 with 13''', which is just a 1116 with bigger base plate, thus without any advantage from the size. Moreover the Eterna-T shock devices were only applied for a short periode between H and U types. So finally the 1117T is not really a rarity, but less frequently met than die predecessor 1117H and the successor 1117U.

Regard, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanx for sharing your knowledge. Was helpfull.

But still, I cannot find any other watch with exact caliber on whole net - I think, I can call it RARE...

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
The serial on the movement dates it to 1951. There should also be a serial on the case back. You can send an email to Eterna's after sales department - you'll need to provide them with both serials, and they should be able to give you the exact year of production, as well as the reference number. In this case, with a round case presumably equipped with a screw-in back, I'd be guessing a ref. 106T or 106BDT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts