WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second one i got is a Eterna-Matic Kontiki Super, found a lot in the Net, but still lack the year it was manufactured, Any help?
The condition is OK, it still has the original Kontiki Crystal with the tiny Eterna Logo in the middle like th Omega´s have.

Here they are together with my Sub for size comparism.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put it on Mesh not sure if i like it, what do you say?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
congrats that is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have the Kontiki Sonic with the tuning fork.

It came polished so I have it on a polished watchadoo....it is being restored at the momentb-)

Super-cool piece|>|>

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sonic looks great too.
I love the later version of the case, because it´s a lot bigger, actually mine looks small also it has the quite the same size as the Sub, must be the dial layout. :think:

·
Aquadive forum moderator
5,644 Posts
Now doesn't that look familiar.

This type of Eterna is getting exceedingly hard to find and rare. In the past few months I have only seen two for sale. You made a fine buy and find.

congrats that is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have the Kontiki Sonic with the tuning fork.

It came polished so I have it on a polished watchadoo....it is being restored at the momentb-)

Super-cool piece|>|>

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Rene, sorry I can't help with a year, but it looks great on the mesh. I especially like the hands. Nice find.

·
Registered
107 Posts
For WCB and Ultramagnetic, do you know what the finish is supposed to be for the top and sides of the orange dial '70s version? I have one of these out for service, and it looks like vertical (lug to lug) graining (though it really looks dull these days…) and straight horizontal on the sides. Also, is everyone using the Omega mesh (rather than the Tung Choy version)?

And Ultramagnetic - how did the restoration go?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts