WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good place to buy Eterna watches? US ADs? Websites? watchuseek.com sponsors?

·
Moderator Fortis Forum
1,229 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of them at T.J. Maxx lately, one specific diver (?) in quartz and auto. The auto went for around $600 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There are no US AD's. Eterna hasn't been in the US for a couple (few?) years now. Shame, as they are nice watches at a reasonable price. There's a lot of history behind the brand, and from a quality perspective I'd put them in with Longines - maybe slightly higher. They use mostly ETA movements with little modification.

I personally like the designs a lot, and they do turn up in the sales forums frequently enough. Good luck in your quest - if I could find one at TJ Maxx I'd be tempted to snag it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Royal Mercantile Inc.

Tel: 1-647-724-9038
Fax: 1-905-755-0193
Email: [email protected]

Mail Address:
A-12 1250 Eglinton Ave W.
Suite 347, L5V1N3
Mississauga, ON
Canada

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of them at T.J. Maxx lately, one specific diver (?) in quartz and auto. The auto went for around $600 if I remember correctly.
Eterna? At T.J. Maxx? I've been looking high and low for a new Eterna 1935. Everywhere I go, I've been told that they aren't available in the U.S. What city and state are you in? I've been meaning to look through the Chicago area T.J. Maxx's ever since I heard that they carry Hamilton's. If they actually carry Eterna, I'm going this weekend.

Thanks for the info!

--doug

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
J.D. you're kidding, right? Somehow I find it hard to believe the Maxx would carry a premium Swiss watch. Snap some pics with a camera phone next time you're in there.

Seriously, Royal Mercantile, as posted is the place to go. 10% discount out the door and great customer service...

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
It is too bad Eterna isn't in the states and can take advantage of the Porsche Design AD network since Porsche Design owns them. They used to have a network here.

·
Moderator Fortis Forum
1,229 Posts
J.D. you're kidding, right? Somehow I find it hard to believe the Maxx would carry a premium Swiss watch. Snap some pics with a camera phone next time you're in there.
I promise you I saw an Eterna at TJ, I kid you not. If you don't believe me, well what can I say? Even if I felt like "snapping some pics" how would you know it was truly from T.J. Maxx? It could be part of some elaborate hoax. Would I have to have the clerk pose with the watch to prove it?

Anyway, this is the watch that was there: Eterna Monterey. 40mm diver, black face, rotating bezel, sapphire crystal, screw crown/caseback, ss bracelet, automatic (ETA 2824?). $599 was the price. Don't know how much the quartz cost, didn't care.

Btw, I've seen TJ Maxx carry other "premium Swiss" as well, such as Hamilton, Luminox, Movado, etc. From what I've seen, they'll carry anything that's on close-out that they think they can move.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

Seriously, Royal Mercantile, as posted is the place to go. 10% discount out the door and great customer service...
\

Any number of "Swiss" watches have been purchased at TJMaxx by folks on the Affordables forum. Go over and search TJMaxx and see ALL the treads. Daniel Minks with 7750s for <$300, Hamiltons for <$200, etc. Yes, you can do there AND get the warranty honored too!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I promise you I saw an Eterna at TJ, I kid you not. If you don't believe me, well what can I say? Even if I felt like "snapping some pics" how would you know it was truly from T.J. Maxx? It could be part of some elaborate hoax. Would I have to have the clerk pose with the watch to prove it?

Anyway, this is the watch that was there: Eterna Monterey. 40mm diver, black face, rotating bezel, sapphire crystal, screw crown/caseback, ss bracelet, automatic (ETA 2824?). $599 was the price. Don't know how much the quartz cost, didn't care.

Btw, I've seen TJ Maxx carry other "premium Swiss" as well, such as Hamilton, Luminox, Movado, etc. From what I've seen, they'll carry anything that's on close-out that they think they can move.
I saw two Eterna's, a men's and a women's automatic in the West Caldwell TJ Maxx today. The men's watch was the same one. same price, if I remember correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts