WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have just recently purchased my first Omega, a Pre-owned Seamaster Pro Chronograph. It is a beautiful watch, and in fantastic shape, too!

The watch came with a genuine warranty card, which has the stamp from the original AD. The rest of the card is completely blank.

I do not think it would be ethical to fill the card out in order to obtain warranty services from Omega (and I will not do that). However, I am very interested in obtaining the original COSC paperwork on the watch.

Now, had the original purchaser filled out the card at the time of purchase, there would be no question (except, of course, as to whether or not s/he had already obtained the COSC paperwork). I could simply provide a copy of the warranty card, and get the paperwork, assuming, as stated, that it is still there. In the current situation, though, the lack of information on the card tells me that the COSC papers have never been claimed. I am the current legal owner of the watch, and as such, it is my understanding that I have the option to request the papers.

So, the question is: is it ethical to fill in the blanks on the warranty card in order to request the COSC paperwork?

Please discuss...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think you can. You own the pen. The pen is genuine. You are entitled to the paperwork.

As far as the warranty goes, the manufacturer should warrant the pen regardless of how you came to be in possession (and in this case ownership) of it. Provided the details are filled out with the utmost good faith I don't see the problem?

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
My understanding is they only keep the certificates for a limited period of time after testing so it may be the question will be academic depending on the 'actual' age of the movement.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the input! The consensus is pretty much what I had been thinking, and pretty much what I now intend to do.

Thanks again!

-Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts