WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, chaps, here are few more appetite wetters :)

I really need to put this in my watch box and go back to the old classic. I'm just the type to bang a door with it :-(

Hope you enjoy the show.

Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice pics Pete! Question: Is the dial diameter on the 5000T the same on the 750T ? Thanks.

Best regards,
Dale

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Like I said, worth waiting for! Cool that you caught the "black" effect of the silver hands and indecies in a couple of the pics too. :-!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice pics Pete! Question: Is the dial diameter on the 5000T the same on the 750T ? Thanks.

Best regards,
Dale
Dale,

without actually pulling both watches apart, as far as I can tell, both dials are 30mm diameter.

Pete

·
Registered
645 Posts
Pete,
How does the color of the dial compare to the 600T, 1000T & 750T. How high is the dome of the crystal? Is it closer to the 600T or the 1000T?

The more I look at the watch, the more I like it. Pete, I think that watch looks good on your wrist. It doesn't look too big at all.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
This is a heck of a fine watch!

...and Doxa sure has done a fantastic job of listening to their clients, and putting together a solid, professional dive watch.

With its high-grade movement, HRV and other characteristics, the 5000T is squarely in the field of professional divers, and compares very well to the Seamasters and Seadwellers of this world.

I can only hope, though, that the level of service will also compare with these other brands. Current service seems appropriate, but it is a pity that the older Doxas can in general not be overhauled. I am thinking here mostly long term: replacement bezels and crystals, NOS bracelets, historical archives etc.

Fine achievement, Doxa! Thanks! :-!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Great pics as usual Pete! Could you possibly post up some measurements of the 5000? Length, width, lug width, thickness, weight? Many people are dying for specs!

Thanks!

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts