WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got myself a Gulfman the other day after wanting one for years, just an antman away from a full masters collection now, gonna have to start saving!! Anyway when it finally arrived and i carefully opened the box, i must admit i was slightly disappointed. The watch is in nice condition but after wanting one for so long it just doesn`t have the look or feel of the other master of G models in my opinion. I have heard people raving about the DW-9700 for years, but i just don`t get it, compared to a raysman or wademan it seems slight and not very weighty. Its probably just personel preference, but has anyone else been slightly disappointed after finally tracking down a G shock they really wanted? cheers neil

Attachments

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi bridger2,

I was recently very disappointed with the purchase of a GW-810BD. I really was looking long and hard for an all metal G with tough solar, 5band atomic wave ceptor and - most important - all black. the GW-810BD fulfilled all this criteria, but the yellowish negative display is of such a poor legibility, that I returned it to the dealer after one and a half weeks. I switched then to a GW-810BXD that has a lot better legibility and although it is a bi-coloured watch (black and stainless) I must admit, that after a couple days, I like the look even better then that of the all black model. I guess sometimes we are trying so hard to achive a goal or to acquire something, that we might lose the view for other (better) options....

regards, holger

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi bridger2, may I know what other G-Shocks you have? You mentioned you have a masters collection, wow! I was also looking for a Gulfman but gave up eventually as I find my Fisherman looks bigger and nicer, so it's good enough to wear. I recently got myself a GA Raysman which I have been thinking about for months and finally got this beauty without regrets:-!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi cmity98, im jealous, i would love a G.A. raysman! can you post a pic?
I didn`t mean every model, i have two froggies, two riseman models, one wademan, one mudman etc, its just the antman is the only one i dont have a version of. Have 39 G shocks so far, will sort out a list, or get them all together for a pic.
This is my current fave tho:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
has anyone else been slightly disappointed after finally tracking down a G shock they really wanted? cheers neil
happens to me most of the time. this is why I sell almost everything I buy. It's the rare G that stays with me. I don't collect, I just buy watches I think I'm going to like to wear.

I blame the gorgeous Internet pix, always hyper-magnified. If only my watches looked on my wrist the way they do in close-up on the Net.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
For me, it was the G-8000. Looked way cool from all of the picts. but when I finally obtained one; it just did not appeal to me. :-( I believe part of it was because the buttons were too hard to depress while worn on the wrist.

Another recent watch, my GW-5600J. I so wanted it because of its atomic/solar capabilities. When I finally got it, I tested it out; and realized that the atomic feature does not extend all the way to Hawaii. :-( However disappointed, I still like this watch as an updated 5600 with solar. :-!

There are other watches, non-G; that for whatever reason just does not feel "right" on my wrist. As cool as they may appear, it just does not get wrist time because it is too uncomfortable to wear. That's the disappointing part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts