WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
As the tile says... Has anyone of you had (at any moment) a single watch or two watch collection? If so, what were they?
Before I got into watches, I had a two watch "collection", a Timex T-series chronograph and a Tissot PRC 200 chrono as a "dress watch" worn on special occasions. This was when I was at high school (about 8-9 years ago). Still have them, still wear them :).

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
770 Posts
Currently own two watches. A citizen chrono that's my beater. And the other is my omega aqua terra that I wear all the time except for workouts, saunas and the like. But pools, showering, working on my car, its been through it all.

While the citizen makes more sense, I'm probably going to sell it or give it to a friend or family member to get them into watches. I believe in a one watch collection. If it's a go anywhere do anything watch it works and besides the stories one watch can tell versus the stories of multiple watches is more interesting to me.

The omega I've worn on a date with my girlfriend, when we got our puppy together, and my brothers college graduation and sisters birthday. I'll be wearing it as my parents celebrate 29 years later this month. While I could sell it and almost break even, the fact that it's got great memories attached and more to come make it that much harder to give up so itll be the one watch I wear forever.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yup, I've got a two watch collection right now. My daily is an EC Andersson Arctic Calypso sport, and my backup beater is a Certina DS Action Quartz Chronometer.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Before I got into this madness,I wear gshock all the time...then I got Rolex 16570 and everything else followed soon after.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a 2 watch collection with an Omega Seamaster 300m and a Rolex Datejust 16220. It ballooned to 5 but ultimately went down to one watch, I got the new Omega Seamaster 300m with the wave dial. For me, it's easier to form a bond with the watch since it's your only watch, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Back in high school and college (80's and early 90's) I only ever owned one watch at a time. Usually a casio/timex digital or analog, always quartz. In college I got a citizen quartz diver (really need to try and find a picture) that was my one watch for a few years before it got left on a pool table and lost. That was my last real full-time watch, probably 1994 or so.

At the start of this year I rediscovered watches, and now it's a collection. Don't think I'd ever go back to just one now, but what I want out of them has changed as well. Back pre-cellphone they were for the necessity of telling the time. Now they're for enjoyment first and time duties second.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I was younger I did...G-Shock Solar. I think I had a total of 3 of them from Middle School through my first deployment. I beat the heck out of each one, but they were pretty much bullet proof. I'm not sure I could do one watch now - I think the least I could do is 3.

·
Registered
337 Posts
When I graduated college, I bought a Citizen chrono and it was my only watch for like 15 years. When it started acting up I bought a Swatch chrono. When I realized it was garbage, I looked into getting a better watch. I bought a Certina DS action and I love it but it runs +15. So that led me to buy a Tag F1. Then a friend told me I needed a stainless and black, so I bought an Oris Aquis. It just keeps going and going. I have the sickness.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Before I joined WUS I was a one watch owner. I had the Omega seamaster professional black wave dial with the ceramic bezel. Wore it good. Figured it would be my lifelong watch. Then I found here, saw people sold and traded, and that was that.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yup...
2 watches for Monday
2 watches for Tuesday
2 watches for Wednesday...you get the picture.

In all honesty, once had just a Timex Ironman for working out (and reminding me to wake up for rounds on call) and a Citizen Promaster two-tone diver-style (which I still have 22 years on). I'd require a psychiatric commitment if I ever had to go back to just two.

Reactions: brandon\

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got a two-watch collection right now.
1) My primary: Breitling Headwind
2) My beater: Sector 850 Flyback

·
Registered
142 Posts
5 years - Omega Seamaster 2254.50 only
1 year - Sold the Omega, owned a JLC Master Compressor Memovox
1 year - Added a Rolex BLNR, so had two watches
1 year - Had the two watches, had a very quick catch & release Steinhart so I'm not counting it. Sold the JLC for financial reasons. I was down to just the Rolex.
1 year - Rolex + modded Seiko from yobokies
6 months (present day) - Rolex + IWC Mark. The Seiko has been sitting in a box, so for all intents and purposes, I've been a two watch guy.

For my entire collecting history, I've been a 1-2 watch guy, with very short-lived periods with a 3rd watch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
For a time all I had was a Rolex Explorer. It single-handedly ruined my relationship with all my other watches at the time and as a result I sold the rest.

It was quite refreshing having just the one watch, getting up in the morning and not having to make a choice on which watch to wear for the day. The Explorer simply looked handsome dressed up or down (in my humble opinion).

(picture courtesy of Kyle L.)
TWIGS.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sure, when I got my first Casio, and later when I got my first mechanical watch (a Tag). I'm sure most people start out with just one watch, unless they're balling and buy 2 or more at once.

Other than those brief periods, I haven't had just 1 or 2 watches in over a decade.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts