1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,795 Posts
No it haven't heard of them before but Google has this brand as 100% ebay oriented. A search only returned ~35 real hits, this makes the brand almost a anonymous. Try that with omega :). In other words it looks like this watch only exists on ebay and no where else. I guess you could say it was tailor made for ebay sellers and for those unsuspecting buyers looking for a BUW bargain.

(this is for fun and it returns all listings regardless of language.)

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Byfanger+UhrenWerke&word2=omega+watch

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As I suspected! Thanks! Without even one site apart from a forum thread about an auction, sure looks funny. The listing in general was giving me a funny vibe. Speaking of funny, googlefight is hilarious!

·
Registered
5 Posts
As I suspected! Thanks! Without even one site apart from a forum thread about an auction, sure looks funny. The listing in general was giving me a funny vibe. Speaking of funny, googlefight is hilarious!

so that watch doesnt have a msrp or valued price?
they say it has saphire crystal glass, automatic
so shouldn't it be worth something?
I compared it to "picard and cie"
which doesnt come with saphire crystal, msrp on that watch is over 1,000
and the hits on google is 11,000,000

so the watch b.u.w. isnt a brand name?

does anyone know if they have a offical website?

picard & cie does
so does s.u.g.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if it is worthless. After all, it is worth what people are willing to pay. In the end, I think the questions are: where that msrp comes from, whether the watches are only sold on Ebay, and if so, are they made where they say they are made, and are they decent. It is possible they are simply remarkable deals, ignored by us because of lack of knowledge about them. It's just that you would think the name would come up somewhere else.

S

·
0 Posts
There was a warning lately on ebay.fr . Topic: "Attention-aux-fausses-montres-de-luxe" (="Attention: fake luxury watches)
Byfanger UhrenWerke was named too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really cannot show any surprise on hearing that one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the watch today and it looks the best out of the watches I have. They say its saphire crystal but doesn't say it is on the back of the watch when they usually do if it is. the seller has other watches and has good reviews.

I took it to the watch store to match my wrist size and he told me its probably saphire, cause it seems hard. Time will tell once there's a scratch. but you can replace it with harden mineral glass for like 30 dollars.

if its a fraud, that would totally suck becasue the watch is better than decent.

there is no website for this watch yet that i know of

if anyone finds an offical website for this watch please let me know
thanks

[email protected]

other than that, hopefully the watch isnt a fraud
and it doesnt scratch

S

·
0 Posts
Like SnapIt already pointed out, the brand seems to be designed for ebay "exclusively". Couldn´t trace Byfanger when searching the Swiss Chamber of Commerce data system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so most likely it is a scam?

i hope it is saphire crystal, when I flick on it, sounds cheap glass with a ping noise.

that my tag huer does not make, which has saphire crystal. it doesnt make that pinging sound, just dense noise.

looks like a great watch, but would really degrade it if its only sold on ebay and isnt what they say it is, saphire crystal.

let me know if anyone finds out anything about the watch.
most likely a fraud?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
has anyone found out if it has saphire crystal?
Given the very limited existance of these watches, I think only the people that buy them and then go to a watchmaker will be able to answer that very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone find any info? regarding this watch?

I asked a watch maker and they said it seems like saphire crystal
he listened to how it sounded and said it seem hard enough
but when i hear it, sounds like a "ping" light sound instead of a dense noise.

compared to my tag huer

seems like a good deal if it is saphire crystal though

S

·
0 Posts
Well, sapphire crystal or not. It´s still a ebay scam. I followed some auctions at ebay.it. All watches were offered stating a retail price of 899 Euro and more. No watch fetched a bid above 150 Euro which they are probably worth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts