WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything about this watch brand...must be junk, inherited it from my grandmother along with an Eligin Pocket Watch (1880's) another off brand pocket watch (Iris), and two automatics; Caravelle and Timex they both work.

However this hand wind Alweco is kind of military looking and I'll get some pics up soon. I put a band on it and it seems to work great, just wind it up a couple of times a day and away it goes!

On the Dial it says:ALWECO 17 Jewels Incabloc Antimagnectic Swiss Made

On the Back: Stainless Steelback Anitmagnetic Incabloc Water Proof Swiss Made...then it has a circle with the number 19 in the center of it.

You can tell it once had luminsent hands and markers and if I use my Surefire for about 10 seconds it will glow ever so faintly in the dark for a minute or two:-d

The markers and hands are gold with lume painted in between. The second hand is red. The face is white. The arabic numbers are at the 2 hour marks starting with 12. No date.

Like I said I'll try for some pics, but I don't know when. I'll also take some measurements.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,206 Posts
Well, if it has 17 jewels and Incabloc shock protection, it can't be that bad. Rather better than most of the pin-pallet stuff out there. I would strongly advise a service, though - it may even go throughout the day with just one winding session per day then!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Re: Here's the pics

Looks to me like a late 1950s / early 1960s model. If you have a picture of the movement our European experts will likely be able to tell you more.
I don't know the Brand though. Sounds like a generic Swiss one.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,350 Posts

Looks to me like a late 1950s / early 1960s model. If you have a picture of the movement our European experts will likely be able to tell you more.
I don't know the Brand though. Sounds like a generic Swiss one.
both the dial and the back have the look of a generic, but the style is old enough that '17 jewels' should mean a decent mid-grade movement. The chrome-on-brass case and crown are par for the course (it's easy to forget how special an all-steel watch used to be) with about average wabi. The dial is in excellent condition by comparison |>

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks...I don't want to remove the back since i'm kind of afraid to...maybe later if I get the time...its about 30 seconds slow after 24 hours...I know the band was rotten when I got it so I bought that cheap one and decided after having it here for the last four years to give it a try and it works!...now what to do with it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts