WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think Psweeting posted this link a couple weeks ago. Not my thing. Nor is a Casio for $800 that isn't a Frogman, haha. Good luck if you're going for one, I think they only made 100 or so and required upfront payment.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Didn't see that one, sorry for the double post. I'm definitely not going for one, but I think it's cool. I wonder if anyone on here picked it up?
I was seriously considering it until I saw the price tag. Ended picking up a 8200BK and 5000SP for the price of one these bad boys :)

Reactions: Shocker

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I nearly bought one but you had to pay it all up front and that $800 bought me about 10 other g-shocks including two frogs and a Dave's Quality Meat.

They sold out in about a day though.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think it's hideous IMHO. No offense to those who like it, but it's just... bleh. I mean, they added an extra $400 just to cover the bezel. I see no point, but to each his own.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts

I really can't say if I think it's hideous or just terrible :roll:.
A leather strap does NOT belong on a plastic watch.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I know. But that case looks like plastic; it's not a smooth metal case like a regular diver.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Uh, the GW-3000 series is metal, not plastic
Nope - just the upper bezel is metal - rest of the case is plastic like on any G that is not a screwback model like the GW-5000, Frogman or GIEZ - of course the MRG models are also metal but the newer ones have a 4-screw backplate - they are no longer screwbacks like the vintage digital MRGs.
Case construction of the GW-3000 is very similar to the GW-2500 which also has a metal bezel but a resin-covered plastic case - you can see the construction on this pic of my halfway disassembled G-3011:

cheers, Sedi :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts