WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver-_57.jpg

Ive been offered this rolex box with a silver metal top sheet which looks all hand carved. But I never seen one like this before?.
Think its from the 1950s 60s? But having difficulties finding a other one for references to compare prices and finding out with which references it was issued.
Or was this made in a later period after the sale date?
Is it worth something?
Any ideas?

Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver.jpg

Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver-_57kl.jpg

Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver-_57oi.jpg

Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver-_57p[i.jpg

fgfg.jpg

Scatola-ROLEX-Box-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-50-60s-Boite-Silver-_57iio.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
I've never seen one and can't seem to find one on "the internets" ...interested what you find out.
Honestly that's what they SHOULD come in for the price! LOL

Maybe its worth $28,000 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Nice work gone into the top, but the question is would you use it as a display with your £5,10,15k watch sitting in it??

I know I wouldn’t.

As for the question about originality that is definetly an after market addition.

Reactions: benbenny

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
Nice work gone into the top, but the question is would you use it as a display with your £5,10,15k watch sitting in it??

I know I wouldn’t.

As for the question about originality that is definetly an after market addition.
i wouldn't either. i'd just display it empty :) ...
GREAT looking Box BTW..

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
As an art piece it definitely has value even if not original. No idea how much but very nice engraving.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts

I know I wouldn’t.

Mine would sit on the coffee table and would most likely be filled with cat treats. 😋

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
Never seen one like this, maybe the box is worth more than the watch itself?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
It looks better from a distance than up close. It appears to have been stamped or cut with a water jet without finishing the edges.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just out of curiosity OP, what is the asking price?
After all these replys I have declined to buy the box. Its now on ebay for sale at a ridiculous starting bid of 1500 euro (it was offered to me for 500). Lets see now how it will not sell. Or maybe it will sell?

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
After all these replys I have declined to buy the box. Its now on ebay for sale at a ridiculous starting bid of 1500 euro (it was offered to me for 500). Lets see now how it will not sell. Or maybe it will sell?

You did well! as to "maybe it will sell?", you know what they say "There's a sucker born every minute"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts