WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up in Moscow while I was there in the early '90's. It is a 1993 piece by Poljot commemorating the 125 year anniversary of the birth of Tsar Nikolai II (Romanov)—the last Tsar before the Soviet era.

I wore it for awhile after I bought it, but it has been a safe queen for over a decade now. It is still a lovely little watch (pity the tarnish around the gold-tone bezel).

I have not opened the caseback, but the movement is a hand-wind mechanical and the crown at 2 operates the mechanical alarm. It "buzzes" for about 12 seconds. I have not tried to wake up by it, but it is such an unusual sound that it might just work!

Here are a few pics I snapped today:

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,188 Posts
That's got to be the best of the mid-'90s Poljot Signal commemorative cases with the two-tone plating and inscribed back. :-!

Here's my wife's 1995 Victory Day limited edition:

I really need to take a better photo of it.

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. The Victory has a polished bezel, while the Imperator's bezel is almost a bead blasted finish, but gold-tone. As I said, it used to be much brighter.

·
Registered
26,431 Posts
Brilliant :-!

Actually, I kinda like the "tarnished" bezel… really gorgeous |>

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is my black dial version. Mine says N 17567 on the back.Still running and looks great. Interestingly it is on my wrist today :) poljot 1.jpg Plojot+Millionsmart Tourby 2.jpg

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That black dial is beautiful! Looks like the gold bezel is polished as well. Very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts