WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend sent me this movement along with some other similar movements.. one of the other movements looks identical apart from Westclox 7 jewels on the bridge.. also this one is marked France whereas the Westclox one has no country marking that I can see..

I found links to Everbright Watch company on the net but looks to be a modern Chinese company...

The only other reference to Everbright that I could find was to do with West End Watch cases...

So any ideas.. perhaps someone has a pic of a vintage Everbrite that has this movement..,

Have replaced the hour wheel which was missing and had a stem and crown that fit.. wound it up and ticking along nicely.. so would be nice to put this together with other parts but would like to get the look a feel of the original if possible..

Cheers

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Everbright Watch company - any info and movement ID??

Hi Toni,

with screw balance more likely mid 50s.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
Thanks again.. had another look and measured the movement as close to 26mm so may be the 26D.. looks like they were also used by Gruen based on your site..

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

Well its Everbrite NOT Everbright so that might partly explain why you can't find anything.:-d

Seems to have been a New York watch importer/distributor by the name of Everbrite Watch Company Inc.

Traces here CURIOS AND COLLECTIBLES - Google Books and CONDOR - Reviews & Brand Information - EVERBRITE WATCH CO., INC. NEW YORK 10 , - Serial Number: 72193647 for example. Seems to have had 'Crosby' as a brand but also distributed character watches such as The Lone Ranger and Superman (google Everbrite and Superman together). Import code EXC listed here Ranfft Watches, US Import Codes

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well its Everbrite NOT Everbright so that might partly explain why you can't find anything.:-d

Seems to have been a New York watch importer/distributor by the name of Everbrite Watch Company Inc.

Traces here CURIOS AND COLLECTIBLES - Google Books and CONDOR - Reviews & Brand Information - EVERBRITE WATCH CO., INC. NEW YORK 10 , - Serial Number: 72193647 for example. Seems to have had 'Crosby' as a brand but also distributed character watches such as The Lone Ranger and Superman (google Everbrite and Superman together). Import code EXC listed here Ranfft Watches, US Import Codes
Now that was real lapse on my part.. Better change the thread title.. West End Watches use the term Everbright and I got my names crossed...

With the correct name I can now find the connection between the movement labelled Everbrite Watch Co and the movement labelled Westclox as Everbrite on Mikrolisk includes an entry for Westclox..

Thank you.

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

Good thread, real info source.
Now you want a broken Superman watch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts